Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MrSean's Kinda-like Pokemon and/Digimon but not quite - Where is everyone I'm lonely - game!

cheatking

**Hello my lovelies!**

**Current Team:**

MrSean

- Project Head

- Lead Developer

MrSean here and I've decided upon a brand new project! I want to create my own hybrid of already existing 'Mon franchises.

Now I don't plan or rebuilding eclipse from the ground up for this project so I've decided this will be a traditional web based game, no fancy flash.

**So what about these "'Mons"?**

These will be more like Digimon then Pokémon. Players will have one creature throughout the game;

it will evolve in a cycle from **Egg -> Baby -> Young -> Adult -> Elder -> Egg.**

Whilst fighting they will gain standard experience that will increase their level. With each level they will gain stat points that can be used to train their skills and influence the next stage of evolution.

**So what do I plan for features?**

Time based battle system:

- Your creature attacks when it's own little progress bar fills up. Either each action will have a cast time and will be cast once the bar is fill or an action will be available once the bar has filled.

Digimon-esq evolution:

- Creatures will change up depending on what stats they have rather then linear progression like Pokémon.

**So what's done?**

Very little so far. The game engine is still very young and I only have rough outlines on how I want the game to work.

**So who do I need?**

Well, despite my awesome abilities what I lack is any creative talent… So I'll need:

Artist:

- Your job will be to create the resources I need as the project needs them.

Creature manager:

- Your job will be to work with me and the other team members to create the first set of creatures, I plan on having 100 by the start of public beta. 150 for release.

The main problem will be ensuring creatures base stats are balanced.

Anything else:

- If you think you can help in some other way, please feel free to post me a PM.

Interested post your application here and I'll get back to you A.S.A.P.

If you have any questions please do post them as well.

• 2 weeks later...
> This sounds like a lot of fun, perhaps i might participate with helping make maps and program shiz.

There are no maps. How are you with java script?

> This is me saying, "Hey there, sexy lady."
>
> Web designer.
>
> GUI designer.
>
> Sign me up. Don't even ask for a portfolio, just do it. Ever had a papercut on your tongue? Sounds painful.

woo! I'll msg you asap.

> I would be interested in helping out with this project, although I'm not sure of what use I could be.

Neither am I. We'll work something out no doubt.