Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

White screen

Xlithan

Thank you, now that you have said that, your issue is with a line of code inside the engine on the client that does this flashing type thing, it checks GetTickCount, however since the value is within the negatives, it doesn't remove the white texture being applied.

```
If FlashTimer > GetTickCount Then RenderTexture Tex_White, 0, 0, 0, 0, frmMain.ScaleWidth, frmMain.ScaleHeight, 32, 32, -1

```
It would be this line here under sub Render_Graphics, i really haven't figured out why it's there so i usually just comment it out

That worked, thanks. It's odd because I didn't change anything, I loaded up the source after about a week of not doing anything to it and had this problem. Is it not something to do with weather? I'll have to check to make sure.

Ok I'm now experiencing another problem. I can't move, the game time is frozen, health/mana etc aren't regenerating.

it's because of GetTickCount

GetTickCount tends to "rollback", meaning it goes to the max negative value of a Long. This essentially means that all values of tmr vars are still positive so when it checks to see if GetTickCount is higher, when in reality it's below 0\. i've posted a fix to this, somewhere on the forums for this

the flash timer might be for the weather, probably for like lightning and such.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I know this is an old topic but i'd just like to post something that would fix this even easier lol. instead of doing a host-based timer, you can do a hardcoded timer that your code handles instead of the system itself. simply just do a val = val + 1 every tick then check the value, after a certain value, reset the val and reset every other variable that used it previously. i haven't tested how efficient this is however so you could expect some drop in performance. if any of you want me to test it out, i can do a quick mock up to show if there's any drop in performance!

EDIT:
i've tested this and it does work, however there is a lot of things that would need to be changed in order to get everything to work properly.

• 3 years later...
@jcsnider JC this is why I take people so literal in real life.
Part of me said " I shut my computer down though! That should be the same thing! I freaking reinstalled my runtimes! I even got the crappy Direct X and updated it! I am getting sick of this! aaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd....... here we have smart ol' JC saying just reset your computer........ whatever...... I'll try literally just resetting my computer"

So now I want to know why shutting my computer down and leaving it for half an hour to an hour alone didn't work but simply resetting did...... Oh and JC if you're still there at all reading this old topic..... bite me..... Robin was always better than you and I considered him my best friend! #insidejoke