Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 8 Review

XerShade

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> because in the Windows DESKTOP OSs, you can just goto a start button and there's ur programs( ![:o](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.png)), and you also have a search bar in case you can't find it/it's something not listed…

You can do that in Metro too.

> Yeah, but do I need to search it instead of hitting a button and get all my files and folders displayed in a menu that has been a working feature of Windows since it implemented a desktop interface?

How do you search by just hitting a button? Does it just know what you want? No. In windows 8 you go to the top right corner and click Search and search, easy.

Well I refer to that by not searching images and apps and everything, I just hit one of my handy library shortcuts at the top of my desktop and get the stuff I put in there appearing where I put it and in it's proper order. Searching isn't for a desktop as a primary method of finding things, that's for the internet.

Blaming an OS for his interface ? Did you know that there is something called "Themes" ? you can install it if you don't like windows 8 interface .

But actually i'm pretty sure that most of the people that say "I won't upgrade" or "I don't like it" will one day install Windows 8 on their computers.

Making progresses , need changes too

And comon guys , the only thing that you call "tablet interface /metro " could be also here because next generation of laptops and desktops are going to have Touch Screen integrated… why blaming it ? did you saw the laptop " Surface" made by Microsoft? this is the type of computers for the next generation look at here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpzu3HM2CIo

Give some time to Windows 8 it's just a new OS and also once you use it a bit you'll start loving it specially with the : "Windows button" that show everything you need ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> and? you didn't know if i was and you still accuse me of not trying it before i said anything just now…

Running it in a virtual machine doesn't give you the same experience.

> Blaming an OS for his interface ? Did you know that there is something called "Themes" ? you can install it if you don't like windows 8 interface .
>
> But actually i'm pretty sure that most of the people that say "I won't upgrade" or "I don't like it" will one day install Windows 8 on their computers.

Finally! Someone with sense.

Clark, you just pointed out exactly that touch screen is being focused on over what we know as the common computer you and I have today. The fact that people who don't like what Windows 8 has to offer will eventually switch to it doesn't make us wrong, it makes Microsoft a bit of a stick to make everyone accustom to things they never intended in their computer and went to go buy an actual tablet in it's place.

> Oh and getting a new system isn't the same experience as getting an old system.
>
> I shouldn't have to get a new theme to change the experience, i should be happy with the default features…

Then choose another OS if you don't like the interface , like i said everything changes do you think that in few years later you'll still have the same interface as windows 7 ? no.

> Then choose another OS if you don't like the interface , like i said everything changes do you think that in few years later you'll still have the same interface as windows 7 ? no.

Do you think that people are going to optionally switch if they don't like it? No, MS just likes to push buttons.

People like , others don't .

Sometimes changes need to be , either we won't go forward into the technologies changes etc… i know the taskbar is simple but i bet Windows 8 isn't that bad as people are saying now ....

It will be easy to use once everybody will have touch screen laptops and desktops .

I don't defend windows 8 or 7 i just say that changes are going to be now or later we can't change anything to that