Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miracle Reborn v0.1.0beta (before this was Eclipse Reborn)

tslusny

> Will everybody PLEASE stop saying that ._.
>
> it's not able to do that, if you did, it would be an infinite quest…just do the damn quest system tutorial...

It would not, just add a conditional branch (or how is it called) so it would check player switch or variable if you did it already.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Well I know in RPG Maker you would pretty much make all quests in the event system. Really the only things you can't do is a kill count quest but you could always make it a "Go kill some bugs and bring me back 10 bug shells" kind of quest and if you didn't want it to be repeatable then you can use the event system to make it so as well.

this event system is incomplete with a lot of bugs, don't compare this with RPG maker's one.

You can NOT make quests with eclipse event system, maybe just some easy boring things.

> this event system is incomplete with a lot of bugs, don't compare this with RPG maker's one.
>
> You can NOT make quests with eclipse event system, maybe just some easy boring things.

Plus, aside from that. I wasn't talking about RPG Maker. And yes, you may be able to add an infinite quest with events but I already said that I knew that you could do this meaning, I do not like that and would rather have the quest system where quests are SUPPOSE to be made.

> Will everybody PLEASE stop saying that ._.
>
> it's not able to do that, if you did, it would be an infinite quest…just do the damn quest system tutorial...

Thanks for understanding ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) haha

> It would not, just add a conditional branch (or how is it called) so it would check player switch or variable if you did it already.

why go through the trouble of using a p.o.s. event system and making a quest system out of it…it's better to use what the system was actually designed for and not for something else..

> why go through the trouble of using a p.o.s. event system and making a quest system out of it…it's better to use what the system was actually designed for and not for something else..

True, but I just said that there is possibility to do it not endless.

> this event system is incomplete with a lot of bugs, don't compare this with RPG maker's one.
>
> You can NOT make quests with eclipse event system, maybe just some easy boring things.

ER Event system is complete and totally bug free. EES 2.3 event system is buggy and slow, but with more options. But will you sacrifice your server performance only becouse of few "shinies" ? I think no….

And for quests, you can make them with switches, variables etc, but... You won´t have any quest log. And that is main drawback.

> ER Event system is complete and totally bug free. EES 2.3 event system is buggy and slow, but with more options. But will you sacrifice your server performance only becouse of few "shinies" ? I think no….
>
> And for quests, you can make them with switches, variables etc, but... You won´t have any quest log. And that is main drawback.

Did you fixed the event open shop "Unrecovorable DX8 error?"

If you take a look back at the classic games that made the gaming industry like LoZ or Secret of Mana there was no quest log, instead you would still have to do certain quests to advance the story. This IMO gives the player the chance to actually explore and learn about the game. Using the same old Alatars Quests System has become more of an eyesore then anything else because every damn game made with Eclipse seems have it. Now I'm not saying its a bad system by any means but unfortunately you will not have any unique game progressing quests made with it.

Ok for those saying Event system = easy to make quest …

Excuse-me , but it isn't that easy compared to a Quest system ! even when someone speak about quest system it's also because you can keep track about quests you did etc..

In event system , you put conditionnal branch , blablabla if you want a complex quest then you might make mistakes somewhere because you didn't configurated the destination of the conditional branch etc..

So now stop ! if Event system can do all the quest system does so why the hell are people looking for the Quest System ? And why people who say's "Event system can make Quests" are using the Quest system? NO SENSE .

Quest system is more easy to make quest , you waste less time on it than Event you don't believe me? try to make complex quest using Quest system and Event ... Good luck.

> Ok for those saying Event system = easy to make quest …
>
> Excuse-me , but it isn't that easy compared to a Quest system ! even when someone speak about quest system it's also because you can keep track about quests you did etc..
>
> In event system , you put conditionnal branch , blablabla if you want a complex quest then you might make mistakes somewhere because you didn't configurated the destination of the conditional branch etc..
>
> So now stop ! if Event system can do all the quest system does so why the hell are people looking for the Quest System ? And why people who say's "Event system can make Quests" are using the Quest system? NO SENSE .
>
> Quest system is more easy to make quest , you waste less time on it than Event you don't believe me? try to make complex quest using Quest system and Event ... Good luck.

Since when were making games supposed to be easy? The reason people keep asking for a quest system is either because they're too lazy to figure out how to make a quest with the event system or they just don't understand how limiting a quest system that you didn't program is.

So let me get this straight… You all want Nyan to put Alatars quest system in ER even though you can't program, which in actuality, is going to hurt your game more then help. I mean, seriously, who is going to want to play your game when there are a ton of other games with exactly the same features? If you guys haven't noticed, games made with Eclipse don't get very popular or stay alive for very long and one of the biggest reasons is because 9 out of 10 games are all the same! Name one game that has been around or even lasted a while and I can guarantee you that game wasn't made with tutorials from around here and most likely didn't use Alatars quest system.

Just think about it. How many Eclipse games did you all take the time to play? Now how many of those games did you stick with? Now what drew you to that game, was it the fact that they had every single tutorial from the tutorial section added or was it because it looked like it had some cool NEW features?

> Since when were making games supposed to be easy? The reason people keep asking for a quest system is either because they're too lazy to figure out how to make a quest with the event system or they just don't understand how limiting a quest system that you didn't program is.
>
> So let me get this straight… You all want Nyan to put Alatars quest system in ER even though you can't program, which in actuality, is going to hurt your game more then help. I mean, seriously, who is going to want to play your game when there are a ton of other games with exactly the same features? If you guys haven't noticed, games made with Eclipse don't get very popular or stay alive for very long and one of the biggest reasons is because 9 out of 10 games are all the same! Name one game that has been around or even lasted a while and I can guarantee you that game wasn't made with tutorials from around here and most likely didn't use Alatars quest system.
>
> Just think about it. How many Eclipse games did you all take the time to play? Now how many of those games did you stick with? Now what drew you to that game, was it the fact that they had every single tutorial from the tutorial section added or was it because it looked like it had some cool NEW features?

Okay. I didn't know this meant the world to some people. Guess I wont start off as noob and Ill just start by learning how to be a pro coder first. What would it actually hurt to put it in? (not that I care for your answer to this) If someone didn't like it they could simply remove it or change to their liking. A custom version is not something people just start from scratch on. They are usually "CUSTOM" and contain features. But no worries. I will learn some code and make my own custom version because since when is using someone elses custom version un-original in the first place… If you use a custom version you are obviously using someone elses work in the first place so what would it matter if he added them... "Just think about it."

Edit:

> If you guys haven't noticed, games made with Eclipse don't get very popular or stay alive for very long

and what we all will be asking ourselves when we read this is " Then why is he here?" or "Why is he even using eclipse?"

> I do quest using Event system because i don't have any other choice that didn't make me lazy that make me want to have more time to use on others things on my game …

Yes. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) And this was my point. "Event System" is called this for a reason and "Quest System" was called this for a reason.

Even Nyan, the creator of ER, agrees that Alatars quest system shouldn't be added. If that doesn't tell all of you something then I don't know what will…

Also, I noticed that both of you have just joined Eclipse this year. Now I understand. I was the same way when I first started here too.

> Even Nyan, the creator of ER, agrees that Alatars quest system shouldn't be added. If that doesn't tell all of you something then I don't know what will…
>
> Also, I noticed that both of you have just joined Eclipse this year. Now I understand. I was the same way when I first started here too.

I really don't care how you look at my exp with eclipse by the looks of my account due to the fact I have been using it on and off since eclipse revolution…Plus I have never stuck with one acc but I will be sticking to this one. And where do you keep getting off at that we want Alatars? Maybe he could add in one he likes or gosh darn... maybe even one YOU like.

Edit:

> Now I understand. I was the same way when I first started here too.

But now that this has been established… I would like to continue on as fellow community members and not enemies or you looking upon me as an arrogant noob.

> Even Nyan, the creator of ER, agrees that Alatars quest system shouldn't be added. If that doesn't tell all of you something then I don't know what will…
>
> Also, I noticed that both of you have just joined Eclipse this year. Now I understand. I was the same way when I first started here too.

Nyan use Quest system to his own project .