Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elandor Chronicles

Dark Crusade

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright since there's a lot of interest to see the open-houses in the new style, I'll show off a work in progress of what I've got so far. **Mind the lack of detail and elements**, this is all I have so far, but there is much more to come!

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/f3182eafb5c39988bbcc0421b0ced0c8.png)

Now I'll be working on different house walls, and then touching up all the old city tiles I worked on to fit the new style.

I hope everyone likes it!

> Alright since there's a lot of interest to see the open-houses in the new style, I'll show off a work in progress of what I've got so far. **Mind the lack of detail and elements**, this is all I have so far, but there is much more to come!
>
>  
>
> ![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/f3182eafb5c39988bbcc0421b0ced0c8.png)
>
> Now I'll be working on different house walls, and then touching up all the old city tiles I worked on to fit the new style.
>
> I hope everyone likes it!

Looks awesome! It's very easy on the eyes and the palette is nice and fluid. Looking forward to updates. :)

With the extensive progress on the game so far, I'll be soon deciding on the final name for the game. As many of you know, the project is currently called Elandor Chronicles, Elandor being the current name of the continent where the game is set. It was a temporary project name.

The requirements for the final name are quite simple. There does not have to be relevance between the game title and the game, as long as it's not too misleading. The game is not story based, it will be a very open world adventure. The main requirement for the final name is that 1\. It sounds good and is rememberable, and 2\. It will at minimal reflect that the game is/or could be an RPG/MMO. My current choices are either Emberstorm, or Tales of a New World.

Emberstorm because it sounds great, and very fantasy (inspired by studios/titles such as Black Isle, and Torchlight). Such a title doesnt demand explanation, it's an online open fantasy based role playing game, so I feel like justifcation for the name isn't required (such as some volcanic storm terrorizing the land).

Tales of a New World has a very adventerous feel to it. It was originally the name I was going to use for the first release. I still am very fond of the title.

Heck, I could even call the game Emberstorm: Tales of a New World if I wanted.

Thoughts?

It's a tough decision for me. The continent is named Elandor, and the game is planned to be released in segments so Elandor Chronicles is suiting. Emberstorm sounds fun and fantastic so it's awesome, and Tales of a new World is adventurous.

I got some feedback from friends, and one of them said Emberstorm sounds too much like a noun referring to 'a storm of embers', which would make a bad name premise unless there is something related in the game. Does anybody else get this vibe?

I don't like the vibe I'm getting from "Tales of a New World." I dunno the exact word I'm looking for, it just sounds to broad and story-ish. I like Emberstorm because it's short and memorable (like Ambardia, or Runescape, or Aegis.)

> I don't like the vibe I'm getting from "Tales of a New World." I dunno the exact word I'm looking for, it just sounds to broad and story-ish. I like Emberstorm because it's short and memorable (like Ambardia, or Runescape, or Aegis.)

Thanks, and your opinion on this?-

> I got some feedback from friends, and one of them said Emberstorm sounds too much like a noun referring to 'a storm of embers', which would make a bad name premise unless there is something related in the game. Does anybody else get this vibe?

I like Elandor Chronicles the most. Tales of a new world reminds me of Brave new world :P but it also gives me a more generic feeling though it does sound like it would have more of a story line than the others. Emberstorm definitely sound like a fantasy game though I also draw the connection to fire not necessarily a storm of embers, but I feel like something major has happened or will happen that has to do with fire and shapes the game. 

Elandor Chronicles fits the game rather nicely as the land is called Elandor, and if it is to be released in segments, the Chronicles part fits nicely as it suggests multiple and not just one. It still has that fantasy vibe to it, so I feel this is the best bet.

I voted for "Tales of a New World"… Reason being, it's inviting and speaks professional. With game titles I find that what may seem cliche, oftentimes ends up becoming memorable due to it's simplicity. Examples include Dragon Warrior, Everquest, Dungeons and Dragons and so on. I also love Elandor Chronicles so I'm torn. Have you considered combining the two, such as : Elandor Chronicles: Tales of a New World. It gives the idea that the game has a mysterious legacy and leaves room for, if you so decide, future sequels.