Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last Straw

SkywardRiver

To all those who didn't yet know: The latest version of Eclipse, the one that was in development by "the team" mentioned in Link's "The Team, the Dream" post, has been cancelled. Well, not really. It's just going to be it's own thing. It's not coming onto Eclipse because Link pissed off the dev team. (Or so I'm told). I've been waiting for Link to post something to let his community know what's up, but I've seen him online all the time with nary a word.

As such, and with some earlier drama to top it off, I'm pulling Eclipse Skywyre. **I don't want it re-uploaded**. **_Eclipse Skywyre v10_** will be available as soon as it's verified on IndieDB -> [HERE](http://www.indiedb.com/engines/eclipse-skywyre-2d-orpg-maker)

I'm doing this for a number of reasons:

1\. Eclipse was an amazing place. I loved it deeply. But it's not here anymore. We have but a husk of what it was and I think it's time for everyone to move on. There's a certain _higher_ place that's showing some wonderful promise. It's got a great community going, and although it's just beginning to spread it's wings, it feels like Eclipse used to. A place to hang out, have fun, and make games! If you want a direct link, add me on Skype as I can't post it here without being insta-censored. Skype: @riverskyward

2\. Even though I've kept this place alive with this engine for the better part of 8 months, Link had the nerve to tell me off. We'll see how well he does without it.

3\. This is old, outdated software that I'm sick of having to support. It's also about time we stop forcing 90% of people using this engine (programming wise) to pirate other old, outdated software illegally. Big things are coming on that _higher_ place I mentioned earlier.

4\. My Farewell thread was _locked_ because the _**owner of this site**_ couldn't keep his cool.

5\. Eclipse is very selective with what rules they'll follow or when they'll follow them. For instance, I've linked my own site (_**and products on my site**_) numerous times without a single consequence. Yet the first time I post a link to that _higher_ place it get's taken down immediately and I'm left with a warning.

6\. You know how Anita Sarkeesian disabled comments or ratings on her videos because of the amount of people that called her out on all her bullshit? Yeah, that's every single one of Link's posts now.

Anyways. I'm leaving. I'll probably be banned for doing this, but who gives a duck. I was once a respected member of a vast community. Now I'm just "that jackass that TOTALLY didn't keep this place alive while the owner twiddled his thumbs."

Have a good one!

For clarity, I'll be posting my opinion on the thread from a moderator's perspective.

This thread does not break any rules, and is on-topic, it doesn't offend anyone in comparison to what else has been said unpunished at other times, and it is a serious discussion.
It's all up in the air, I have not been able to follow everything that has happened behind the scenes(Skype conversations is really dumb to keep updates in, especially with a lot of dead talk and several other ways to communicate efficiently among the staff members. I'm just stating this, to make a point that this thread shouldn't be deleted/locked, since previous posts seem to have been locked for no real valid reason.

I can't speak for Link, nor will I try to, but I can say that the dev team stuck together, and work is continuing on both the website and the engine; We have just chosen to not keep any ties with Link or his team. I handed the work that I did for Link off to him, but have tweaked it and am continuing to work on it for the new site that will have no affiliation with Link or his team–same goes for the engine.

Just to clarify. I didn't piss off the dev team, if that's what they've told you I'm not sure where it came from. They left for completely different reasons. I will say this though, I've been ATTACKED by Skyward on this forums on multiple occasions one after another, this being another one of those posts and to be honest if I was any bit abusive or what he makes me out to be wouldn't he have been banned a while ago? I could honestly give a fuck anymore.

Bro, you attack me in every post. You make accusations that aren't true, you're releasing information to the public based on what you heard from someone without getting the full story and honestly I'm just done being attacked by the members of the site. Chief knows why him and the dev team really left. There was an internal argument with him and two staff members, put simply I wasn't taking his side. He left and he convinced the other developers to leave with him. Yet I somehow pissed them off? Sorry that I couldn't side over right/wrong even if that meant that I wasn't putting the devs over the other staff, that's just my style of loyalty and I'm not a scumbag (THIS IS MY PERSPECTIVE)

Either way, I've been the target of attack for this site from the members for a while, for no real reason but the simple fact that its been falling apart and everyone is looking at someone to blame. Congratulations, hope you guys are happy. To make it worse, Chief couldn't come forward even though he knew that it had nothing to do with me pissing off the dev team..actually I don't remember being involved at all, instead you decide to boast about the site you're making? Lol. I'm done with trying to prove things that happen behind the scenes come off different on the FOREFRONT. THE ONLY THING I'M WRONG FOR IS NOT TAKING THE TIME TO DEVELOP THIS SITE MYSELF and not depend on anyone. Don't worry though, I will be. I don't care how long it takes to do it, who believes me or who decides to go. I made a bunch of great friends here, but I met even more assholes here.

I'm also tired of being censored on the website. I haven't removed or censored any posts by you, SKY. There's your official answer, so you can stop making up shit now. I don't plan to tell you who did either, because then you'll probably accuse them every chance you get. I've had the shit end of the stick since the moment I purchased and tried to save Eclipse. Everyone is too spoonfed to care, except a few people (thanks to you, you're the only reason I fucking try with this site besides the fact that I wanted it to live)

Link, here's a tip, post what's happened from start to finish and don't just say it's an attack on you, you're sounding like Seth. Being rational and speaking with a cool head will get you further, and, I for one, would like to know both sides of this story rather than having no idea what's going on.
It was said that the community was going to know (for the most part) what was going on in regards to it. This is something going on with it. You have lost a dev team, site team, and the top engine on the site. I think the community deserves an explanation of what's going on and what went on.

Also, probably worth mentioning, I'm not taking sides here, just wanting to know what the heck is going on.

or3o, the reason why is because generally I didn't know what to say. I've been trying to compose a formal post for the whole situation. I've been here the past week, but before that I was on a miniture dettatchment which is when the Chief got into a conflict. This all happened while I was out on a mission.

For the record, I didn't say why I left to anyone; not even to you. If you'd like me to recap it for everyone to read, then I'll gladly do so, but more people are gonna get mad than not.

I didn't correct Sky, because it doesn't matter why; You have your reasons, I have mine, and the other devs have their own reasons as well. I didn't coerce them into leaving.

In any case, yes, I am continuing work on the site, but no, I did not boast about it. I was simply saying that the devs did not quit working on the site and engine; we're just not affiliated with your team anymore.

I've said nothing slanderous or negative; I gave the facts. I'm not trying to push drama.

You're acting very much like Seth.

You take every form of criticism as a personal attack.
You constantly insist that you are in the right even when you have a vast majority saying otherwise based on the facts given.  

This is not an attack. This is my refusal to support your site and listed reasons why. Grow up a bit and handle it with tact instead of blowing up every time something like this comes up.

@'Link':

> I'm also tired of being censored on the website. I haven't removed or censored any posts by you, SKY. There's your official answer, so you can stop making up shit now. I don't plan to tell you who did either, because then you'll probably accuse them every chance you get. I've had the shit end of the stick since the moment I purchased and tried to save Eclipse. Everyone is too spoonfed to care, except a few people (thanks to you, you're the only reason I fucking try with this site besides the fact that I wanted it to live)

And this? I've never said you were personally censoring my stuff. I'm saying people censor what YOU want them to censor. I know who censored me and I have no problem with them at all. And maybe you've had a hard time because you haven't really done anything that's come to fruition since you bought this place? Yeah you got a new theme,  and you made a few news posts, but anyone could have done that. You know who's had "the shit end of the stick since trying to save eclipse"? Oh that's right.

And yes, Chief has been nothing but a neutral party in this post.

(and lol, personally attack you all the time my ass lol. I've tried to help you more than most people on this site. I DID release my engine because I wanted to HELP Eclipse.)

Now I cannot speak officially or anything like that since of my absence these past few months, but I would love to chip in since you both are good friends I've known for countless years.

Link, as I do think your arguments are valid, I do not believe this is the way an owner should respond to the community. I love the both of you dearly, and I've worked with both of you closely on projects over the years, and I really hate to see conflict within a community I practically grew up in. Sky, I do believe you act in a professional intention, but you shouldn't say anything about a team, when you refer to the team you criticize the entire team, not just Link which I think is also dumb. Also releasing information such as Developers leaving for certain reason should only be the job of the developers or the higher staff, I believe anyways. Behind the scenes things being released is called "Leaking" which I believe is quite an immature and offensive move towards the team.

Link, I see you online ALL the time, and the last time you posted news was so long ago, and the past few times you've posted, it's been about the future and the dream team, but so far I see no updates or anything, I thought the forum was supposed to be fixed months ago? Link, I believe Eclipse can live, but you're making me doubt your ability to do so. I may have been absent, but old news that seems almost new to me isn't good. We need updates, we need plans, we need someone who can truly put a crown on this website. I miss Marsh because of that, I miss his ability to just bring the community together and make everyone feel so happy to be here. I do believe that we don't need Marsh's ownership to have that again though…

I have believed in this website despite all I've been through. I've been through hell and back with this website, I may not have experienced what Link has, and I wish I could help out, but there's a lot to put into a community which has had a demand for content for so long. TBH, no offense Link, I thought this community was going to die about before 2016, and as it has shown tremendous downgrades, the loyal ones still lurk around as I've been seeing. Even I am magnetized back to this community every other month.

You also cannot officially say you're the only one who has contributed to the life of this community, Sky. That's a selfish bounty to claim.

Should EO find a new route to success: Yes; Do I think Link or someone can formulate a plan: Yes; It just needs the support of its loyal people, and I think this post is just a bunch of bananas.

I'm probably ranting too much so I'll close off, I am glad to see you all again :D

Thanks,
Yuko (Cici)

@'Yuko':

> Link, I see you online ALL the time, and the last time you posted news was so long ago, and the past few times you've posted, it's been about the future and the dream team, but so far I see no updates or anything, I thought the forum was supposed to be fixed months ago? Link, I believe Eclipse can live, but you're making me doubt your ability to do so. I may have been absent, but old news that seems almost new to me isn't good. We need updates, we need plans, we need someone who can truly put a crown on this website.

Could not agree with this any more.

Oh hey Cici :D Not a rant at all, if we could all keep our cool it would be a nice discussion to finally have.

A few notes on your post though (of course lol)

While yes, it was immature of me to "leak" what had happened, I believe it was best for the community to know what was up instead of being told a month or two down the road.
Also I'd just like to point out I've never said (or have never meant to say) that I have been the only one contributing life to the community. Even I'm not that arrogant ;)

Anyways, thanks for your two cents :D

I don't care if its emotional, bad news, or otherwise. I really with that the community would be kept up to date with what's going on regardless of the content without us begging for it. The Situation post you just made is GREAT Link. Please continue to make posts like that as things happen instead of waiting for these topics and then addressing them.

I will say this though, I saw no need to post "news" the developers were actively keeping up their development topics. Also I was planning to post news the week I came back, however things took a turn eh?