Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Community Manager

Yuko

Hello Everyone,

I am an Eclipse veteran from back in 2011, I used to go by the name of Cici or Amazi.

Due to recent events I have gotten in contact with @Link in order to assist with the future of Eclipse Engine and Website. To make this quick, I am your official Community Manager, and I am glad to say, I have nothing but the intention to assist Link in bringing back the spark. I will be dealing with community related issues, events, web development, and general support as with some on demand administrative duties. I will be taking these duties off of Link's shoulder so that he may look into the future of the project such as the engine.

**My Plan?**

First, I want to reorganize the boards and try to clean things up. When I first returned, I noticed my work last time left the boards completely out of place, and I neglected a lot of the organization. It's currently difficult to find some of the boards, and some important boards could be brought back to engage certain community members. I will be working on reorganizing everything, and this should be completed by tonight.

Secondly, I was reading @jcsnider's post earlier about revamping the rules, and I will also be working on doing that. I would like to look at some of the current aspects the staff have in mind for rules before I touch this though, but I can ensure that a new page for rules will be added to help clarify the community guidelines and expectations for members.

Finally, I will be working on the design. It's been here for a while, but it could use some work. Things are definitely choppy, and hopefully we can make it look cleaner and smoother.

I do have a lot I want to do, but in a reasonable amount of time, this is all I can really explain right now. I hope to host some events in the near future which will include cash prizes, so keep an eye out.

If you have any comments or suggestions, as always, I am open to them, and will consider all suggestions.

Best Regards,
Yuko

Might i suggest a place where we can write tutorials for non eclipse related engines (eg. unity) Some of us on here use different engines and it might be cool to see new tutorials (even if they arent for eclipse).

#bringbacktheeclipsegreentheme

in all seriousness, i suggest maybe changing how the current board designs are, the Questions and Answers board specifically is confusing as all hell to find, the entire boards section imo is just a clustertruck of a thousand different sub-boards lol

@'or3o':

> Might i suggest a place where we can write tutorials for non eclipse related engines (eg. unity) Some of us on here use different engines and it might be cool to see new tutorials (even if they arent for eclipse).

Yes! These are the kinds of suggestions I will be paying attention to, this will bring more ideas and more energy to the forum through different development. I will consider this while restructuring the forum.

Keep the ideas coming, this community is built by the people who know what it needs.

Thanks,
Yuko

@'Growlith1223':

> #bringbacktheeclipsegreentheme
>
> in all seriousness, i suggest maybe changing how the current board designs are, the Questions and Answers board specifically is confusing as all hell to find, the entire boards section imo is just a clustertruck of a thousand different sub-boards lol

I am currently working on this, as you may have seen a few boards have already been moved around.

i have seen actually, glad to see more is happening right now, let's just hope that it stays this way, Eclipse died off on bad terms, people are trying to revive it but this place shouldn't be revived, it should be changed to make it better than what it is and what it used to be

@'Growlith1223':

> i have seen actually, glad to see more is happening right now, let's just hope that it stays this way, Eclipse died off on bad terms, people are trying to revive it but this place shouldn't be revived, it should be changed to make it better than what it is and what it used to be

I believe this statement completely, but that's just what I am doing. I believe @Link has a plan, and in order to give him time to think I have taken over community management so he can really focus on what he wants to do. I will do what I can for now to bring interest back into the forum, but it's up to him on the rest.

Thanks,
Yuko