Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yuko banned.

Link

@'knightkid123':

> Wow, I don't really know what she thinks is going to happen. I'm pretty sure none of the members are going to jump ship to another forum. -.-||

Tacking onto that, anyone who does jump ship to follow someone who does that we don't want here anyways.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would just like to put my information on this, after she stole the Database on this site, i talked her into just getting rid of it, afterwhich she did, and her site no longer has the DB on it.

if you don't believe me, http://prntscr.com/b5msc7 here's a screenshot of total members and posts/topics

@'Growlith1223':

> Would just like to put my information on this, after she stole the Database on this site, i talked her into just getting rid of it, afterwhich she did, and her site no longer has the DB on it.
>
> if you don't believe me, http://prntscr.com/b5msc7 here's a screenshot of total members and posts/topics

Glad you're defending her.

It doesn't matter how she course corrects she stole the database with the pure intention on using it less than 2 days ago. And that screenshot could easily be just a page modified using Chromes inspector.

See this: ![](http://img.ascensiongamedev.com/2QsvkUGOhztKoiUZF7.png)

you know, assuming makes an ass out of u and me. never once did i defend her, i know it's a dick move, try and understand that please.

anywho, if you're that worried about an encrypted password to the point of paranoia of "that could be anything!" then im sorry but you are beyond help.

ima say this again but did i say everything was sunshine and rainbows? no, i simply said that i got her to get rid of it, nothing more, nothing less.

@'Growlith1223':

> you know, assuming makes an ass out of u and me. never once did i defend her, i know it's a dick move, try and understand that please.
>
> anywho, if you're that worried about an encrypted password to the point of paranoia of "that could be anything!" then im sorry but you are beyond help.
>
> ima say this again but did i say everything was sunshine and rainbows? no, i simply said that i got her to get rid of it, nothing more, nothing less.

Its not paranoia if our data has already been stolen.

I'm not worried about my account but everyone deserves to know that she has their passwords, regardless of whether or not they are encrypted to hell and back.

I am saying that regardless of whether you changed her mind or not, she stole the database with the intention on using it which, like you said, is a dick move.

I am calling you out, along with any other member who opts to support her or her new site. Getting into bed with someone like that is only going to get you stabbed in the back. Furthermore, anyone willing to affiliate themselves with someone like that I would rather not have around here. Lucky for you it's not my call.

i have said this time and time again, and i'll say it again, i genuinely do not care if i am banned or not. You can call me out all you like but it's not going to phase me, you're talking to someone who doesn't care what others think.

Anywho, she DID have them, however she no longer does. and yes i know im going to get your incessant whining of "regardless she still done it!", yes i know this, but you also have to remember, people make mistakes, im not defending her, im defending the fact that everyone makes mistakes, whether it's something severe or not.

@or3o i meant that if you're that superstitious about a picture and trying to suspect literally anything on said image, then there's no point in trying to say it any other way than you are beyond help.

Grow that's what she told you. She can't be trusted, and she has shown that multiple times.

hey guys, i stole your crap…. aww geeze... i screwed up i'm sowwiez... I'll save it for later... I mean i deleted it!

What she did is not a mistake... Me banning someone because I was personally mad at someone for no reason is a mistake. Befriending someone and stealing their stuff when they trust you is not a mistake, that is poor character.

She was an annoying bitch in the day, now she is an annoying thieving bitch! Good riddance.

no, that's what i know, there is literally no topics, no members on the site either, whether she has a backup of the DB somewhere else, that's her decision. Personally i'd rather not know if she has one or not.

Regardless, there's nothing i can do about her taking the DB, and tbh, it's more Link's fault for not restricting certain access rights in that scenario, wouldn't have happened to begin with if the owner of this site knew how to work a forum. not trying to avoid the situation, just wanted to say that there's more than just her at fault here.

I've had access to the backups of the site for what 8 years or so now? Not once has it ever crossed my mind to make a backup and take them. I could have done it to Marsh, especially Amish, and Link when the site changed hands, but my core character will not allow me to directly hurt someone like that.

I do fault the owner for trusting someone like CiCi. The brief interactions i had seen of her were enough to make me want to stay far away from her… but shifting the blame and saying it is mostly Link's fault is stupid. If we were roommates and I left my TV in the front room and you stole it, is that my fault? NO!!!! there is a trust between you and I that I should not have to worry about something like that. Yes, the permissions should have been set differently, but she was supposedly his friend and screwed him over. I'm not technically his friend, I dont talk to him outside the forum, but I would never do something like that to him... even if he somehow screwed me over on the site. I would just tell him to F off, and leave the site.

And Grow just to be clear, I'm not attacking you or your thoughts.

That's like saying if you leave your house unlocked you deserve to have your tv stolen.   I could have prevented it, but the only person at fault is the thief.

And that isn't even a good analogy because what she did is worse. It's more like having a locked house and hiring a cleaning lady who steals all your valuables while you're at work. Someone who you trust not a stranger.

We really can't be blaming anyone (other than Yuko), who would have thought that Yuko (Cici) would do that! For as long as I've known Yuko she's been a nice person (but then again I haven't known her for very long).

I'm not to worried about my information being stolen because it's (well) encrypted. All we can really do now is make sure access to certain areas of the admin panel are restricted to trusted personnel only and "hire" more trustworthy "staff".

I wasn't even shifting the blame, i was saying that there was more than one person at fault for this atrocity. and there's a big difference between the analogy you just gave and the security issue right now being as MyBB has permission options to prevent such cases.

Again im not shifting the blame, i simply said that the blame is not only on her. yes she stole the database but at the same time it was Link who is trusting to literally anyone and everyone when it comes to this sort of thing.

And i can do the same thing, just because you said that you didn't do it doesn't mean you have, not attacking you but it can go both ways with the attacks of "you could have done that yourself!" bullshit.

Honestly, I don't care that she stole the DB. She did it, we can't do anything about it, the only thing that can be done is to change it so you need different powers to do anything with the DB. At this point, it's just a learning experience, no point in pointing fingers.

I think the main reason why it's good for us to know is because of the potential security risk. I think that's more important than Yuko and her status with the website IMHO. So thanks for informing us, I think it was the responsible thing to do. Whether or not this thread should be about bashing her, well that's completely up to everyone else.