Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marriage in game.

Miharukun

I've encounter some mmos that has Marriage and Couple system like if the couple play together they can earn more exp, when they married they will receive unique items, etc. I want it on my game but it would be hard to do that, so i just do it originally like you need to tell GM that this player is your couple, then the GM will put it on Couple List. If we see they active for about 1-2 Months, we will let them get married in the game but they need to find a Marriage Ring. If they found it, GM will warp them to the Wedding place, give them the wedding costume, and broadcast it to the game and summon all the players online to there. So, they can attend the wedding. GM will do the wedding speech and so on, after that they can have party on there. :D
The speech would look like this (I won't do the speech like this because it contains vulgar words, remember it's just an example xD)
Also the music is from the game. <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2DARYhd-8&feature=youtu.be

The wedding speech though…. LOL!!!

Would take some hard-coding, and probably wouldn't hurt to either set the character name or character ID (both?) of the other player you are married to in your Player Variables for event reference.

Never really thought MMO marriage was a good thing (just seemed awkward lol) but then again, this isn't for me; it's for other players.

Anxious to see how this turns out none-the-less, so I wanted to put some input in so I would be following this thread :)

@'BeNjO':

> There used to be a sadscript version, was really fun, did males = 2 females = 1 then did small math to decide is they were female + female or male + male ect.

Woah really? do you still have the script?

@'Abyss':

> Marriage ingame is the most retarded thing I heard today.

@'Abyss':

> Good thing I wasn't there because the cringe would've made my sphincter implode into a black hole (black hole, get it?!)

Bahaha xD yeah kinda, but it's kinda fun to make the map. And you know, some players really into Online Dating (here in Asia, most people do Online Dating) so yeah, i think this marriage feature kinda fit in xD and uhh i will make sure there is no guy playing girl character.

Checked through the 20 odd Main.txt's and I don't have it. It basically was a sadscript that did something like the below. Grab the sex of both the players involved, then do something like

```
Male = 2
Female = 1

```
then did simple maths like

```
if VALUE = 2 then msgbox "No lesbians" end if
if VALUE = 4 then msgbox "No Gays" end if
if VALUE = 2 then
let them get married blabla

```
It actually said no lesbians and no gays as far as I remember.

If I were to implement marriage, I would have it be somewhat like a Mentor system that Asain games have, where you get more exp being with your mentor (or husband/wife in this case).

I guess this is a good idea, cause nerdy guys who are obsessed with girls will definitely play your game, which means more players!:D But will the weddings be scheduled? because what if there are more than one one couple who wants to get married? And another thing, i dont think you should teleport every player into the wedding ceremony, because they might not want to go, or it might get annoying going to a wedding everyday without actually slaying monsters or doing quests.

@'Sekiguchi:

> I guess this is a good idea,  cause nerdy guys who are obsessed with girls will definitely play your game, which means more players!:D  But will the weddings be scheduled? because what if there are more than one one couple who wants to get married? And another thing, i dont think you should teleport every player into the wedding ceremony, because they might not want to go, or it might get annoying going to a wedding everyday without actually slaying monsters or doing quests.

Hai Seki!
Yeah ahaha i was thinking about that too xD and no, like what i said "You need to find the Proposal Ring" Which is very rare to find (because when you found it and you propose your lover you can get Wedding Costume and Items that you can only obtain it in your wedding). If there are more than one couple that wants to get married, i will make a schedule for it ! :D and before i teleport i will broadcast it first, of course players will PM me if they don't want to attend the wedding (maybe they are in Boss hunting, dungeon raid, PvP, Etc.) Actually, if they want to leave when the wedding ceremony is over. They can just leave with Teleport Scroll or go to the Exit Point (It will warp them to one of the Main City) hehe

@Abyss and people like Abyss

I don't understand how you can ridicule marriage in games. I mean, I know people who got married in-game and later got married in real life. I know people who met on dating websites- how is a dating website any different than a game? I mean, you talk way more, you spend actual time together in a game, you get to know each other in a non-awkward way.

Gaming is becoming a parallel reality more than a past-time, some people spend all day in games and make a living doing so- if you devote time to something and someone, what should it matter what format your efforts take? I mean, spend an hour or two watching a movie, or spend 4 hours levelling in a game whilst chatting? Which is more constructive for relationships?

I really don't get it- are you going to keep making fun of people who get married in games when full-dive virtual reality rolls around? Will it somehow be different because it feels and looks like real life? I really, truly, don't get where your arrogant attitude is coming from.

@Miharukun 

Instead broadcasting and players PM-ing you, you'd better implement a pop-up system message with a text, a button, and a timer.

_Appearing on screen_
**Joe** x **Helen** wedding ceremony begins in 3 minutes **[Attend]** **[Dismiss]**

If you click Attend, then in 3 minutes you will be Teleported to the Ceremony map.
If you click Dismiss, the message will disappear.
If you ignore the message, it will auto dismiss in 3 minutes.

Ceremony maps should be Instanced, because there will be some situations like 2 or more weddings starting at the same time.

This way, players won't be forced to PM the GM or whatever, they will simply choose what they want, attend or continue whatever.

@'Dr.House':

> @Miharukun 
>
> Instead broadcasting and players PM-ing you, you'd better implement a pop-up system message with a text, a button, and a timer.
>
> _Appearing on screen_
> **Joe** x **Helen** wedding ceremony begins in 3 minutes **[Attend]** **[Dismiss]**
>
> If you click Attend, then in 3 minutes you will be Teleported to the Ceremony map.
> If you click Dismiss, the message will disappear.
> If you ignore the message, it will auto dismiss in 3 minutes.
>
> Ceremony maps should be Instanced, because there will be some situations like 2 or more weddings starting at the same time.
>
> This way, players won't be forced to PM the GM or whatever, they will simply choose what they want, attend or continue whatever.

Awesome Idea Dr! but i don't really good at Vb6 programming xD but i'll try! Thanks for your awesome Idea