Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to improve?

Sekiguchi Okitsugu

I'll just say that roads are largely opinion and preference. If you want them more straight in a market then have them straighter, curved if you prefer that. If you look at maps for small towns, a lot have roads that are in grids because that's an easy way to put as much as you can in a small area and have it be easy to find and get to. Where I live has a lot of roads that are more natural in feeling but 5 minutes south and there's 90% grid roads, so saying the roads need to be more "organic" isn't true, it's a preference. That's my opinion at least.

@'Mohenjo:

> I'll just say that roads are largely opinion and preference. If you want them more straight in a market then have them straighter, curved if you prefer that. If you look at maps for small towns, a lot have roads that are in grids because that's an easy way to put as much as you can in a small area and have it be easy to find and get to. Where I live has a lot of roads that are more natural in feeling but 5 minutes south and there's 90% grid roads, so saying the roads need to be more "organic" isn't true, it's a preference. That's my opinion at least.

it also depends on the terrain, Most of the games i see here aren't supposed to be modern. Most old roads where designed to follow a bath of least resistance through the terrain merely because that is the easiest way to construct a road, Then agian if the game has magic for all we know the mages leveled the land and made all roads have only 90 degree angles lol.