Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to improve?

Sekiguchi Okitsugu

The map looks pretty good seki. Try adding some flowers and other ground details other then the patches of long grass. Give the villagers individual names like there real people, it will make the world more personal and interactive. Also how about a few tree variants? Whats the probability of walking into a Forrest and only coming across a single type of tree?

Could consider something that isn't square patches of grass/roads, diagonal(45, 30,15 degrees etc) and other things makes it look a lot smoother.

The lightning from the lamps look really odd, at least during the day, as the picture shows.

Needs more details on the floor, random flowers, stumps, rocks etc. You could change the trees to be random not all the same. You also need to make the path worn out and more random and none linear with non paved short cuts of a mussy grass tile set as not everybody sticks to the paths. There is also some graphical errors, 1 is your fault 2 are the tiles I think.

![](http://puu.sh/p6Rv2/65546b8c1c.jpg)

@'BeNjO':

> Needs more details on the floor, random flowers, stumps, rocks etc. You could change the trees to be random not all the same. You also need to make the path worn out and more random and none linear with non paved short cuts of a mussy grass tile set as not everybody sticks to the paths. There is also some graphical errors, 1 is your fault 2 are the tiles I think.
>
> ![](http://puu.sh/p6Rv2/65546b8c1c.jpg)

How nice of you. It's nice to know that people are still willing to look out for flaws. It's probably your OCD kicking in again.

Overall, the map is pretty decent, I've seen much much worse! However, the things you want to stay away from is your pathing. Paths usually aren't so even, so make your paths a little more uneven, and natural, and same goes with the grass. Honestly, that's all I really see that is wrong here. just needs more "naturalness", otherwise, good job bud!

In this case, I wouldn't change the path much since it's a small market and people make paths straight and at right angles, in a cave, forest, etc. then I'd say change the path, but in a market, they're usually straighter. However, there a re a few corners that can be curved rather than a right angle, so I will agree to an extent with CM :)

Well, true, it is a market but any path you walk on is weathered or worn, no perfectly straight roads, especially no perfectly straight paths, IMO.

@'CMFiend420':

> Well, true, it is a market but any path you walk on is weathered or worn, no perfectly straight roads, especially no perfectly straight paths, IMO.

Well this IS a game and not a simulator. I think we can all accept the fact the roads look brand new.

Doesn't matter Irij- simple fact is, your mapping has to look organic (not forced) if you want people to get involved/immersed in the game and it's world. Unless you're mapping a city of people who believe in absolute order, like the Neotopians from the anime, Kiba.

Perfectly straight roads just look unnatural, even the roads we drive on aren't perfectly straight and are weathered and worn. Doesn't really look all that right to me, but the map is not bad just the 1 thing I think could improve the look.

@'Growlith1223':

> Designs of roads is more subjective than anything, you don't really need random roads to make a player get involved/immersed, that's more opinionated than anything else that has been said imo

I didn't say you need random roads- I said you need organic design to improve immersion/world believability. Which isn't an opinion- it's a fact.

@'Growlith1223':

> that's more opinionated than anything else that has been said _**imo**_

Made me laugh, lol. No hard feelings Growlith, just busting ya balls.