Find results in...

New Developer Voting

Marsh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the engines, Deathbeam has basically done virtually nothing on his custom engine that i couldn't do in less than a few hours, its mainly just a bunch of bug fixes. Rob on the other hand actually has a lot more custom features, plus his coding style far exceeds Deathbeam.

+1 vote for Rob.

~Kibbelz

> Looking at the engines, Deathbeam has basically done virtually nothing on his custom engine that i couldn't do in less than a few hours, its mainly just a bunch of bug fixes. Rob on the other hand actually has a lot more custom features, plus his coding style far exceeds Deathbeam.
>
> +1 vote for Rob.
>
> ~Kibbelz

Everything what Rob added to his engine i can do to, but maybe i just do not wanna spam my cv with features. And my cv is bunch of bugfixes? Yes it is, and that's good.

I voted for Rob. I think Death is a better programmer then a lot of people give him credit for, but I also think he is not as good a programmer as he think he is…

This is a position for who will create the next version of Eclipse and help move it into a next step and I just feel thats something that Rob would be better for then Death. Rob has a very good and decently detailed plan he has mentioned a few times on a developers team he wants to make with experienced coders who know what they are doing and wants to focus a lot more on fixing the old bugs in performance while still making new systems people are asking for.

One thing a lot of people seem to be voting for Death off of is because his version was made with the newer DirectX that allows transparency and is new style of rendering. Although ya that tends to look a lot better (I personally like it a lot more then DX7 and really dislike the way Eclipse's UI has always been), it is not very user friendly for newer people which Eclipse is mainly based around. Rob has also showed he can do things with UI masks and transparency with his customer version or when you look at Aloria and that it's something he can also do so basing your vote mainly because Death focusing on it in his engine isn't really that right....

We need to focus more on back end coding, fixing and optimizing then making something look pretty and that seems to be more of what Rob is focused on over Death. I see Death more as a custom versions developer or source code maker for releasing some of those features people are asking for, I just see Rob as more of a overall developer for the focused on engine.

The problem I have with Death is he often has communication problems, whilst Rob is very easy to communicate and get through to. That's not of course meant to offend Death in any way, I just believe that if you're going to be the developer for a community such as eclipse you need good team leader skills, communication skills, and experience. Rob has all of these and more, while Death is a decent programmer, he is still newer than Rob. Experience is always a must when you're going to be taking over a developer position.

Like Rob said before, this isn't going to be a single guy running the show. He has already stated multiple times that he will be seeking out help from a lot of the community, and that allows multiple minds to be working at the same problem.

Good luck to both people running, but as I stated before my vote goes to Rob.

> By copy and pasting, yes. Making it from scratch, no.
>
> You nullified your arguement, your CVs are always full of shit.

You are as always saying total bulshits… You do not done anything usefull, i am atleast trying. But i think i am wasting my time becouse Eclipse communitty is full of douchebags like you.

> You are as always saying total bulshits… You do not done anything usefull, i am atleast trying. But i think i am wasting my time becouse eclipse communitty is full of douchebags.

woah don't be so hasty man. it's not my fault ur tying to cover your fail with another fail :/

EDIT: also, you want bugs? i can tell you hundreds that's been there for years…

You want optimization? i can give it. You want a custom version made by me that has all the things you want? gtfo

Voice your opinions in this topic, dont be total dicks. Ive handed out some warnings. Saying something is "full of shit" is never acceptable. Eclipse is not a place where you can just bash people. Nyan has put a lot of work into his engine and many people enjoy it.

To many people just jumping on the band wagon these days. Look at both versions and form a valid opinion. Then vote on it.

> I did exactly that and my views still remain the same. From my own personal opinion Nyan/Death whatever he calls himself now, is not cut out for this position, many more of eclipses members are more up for the task.
>
> ~Kibbelz

At least you came to that decision on your own.

I chose Rob because of a few reasons that I'll list here:

1) His portfolio. He has experience with continued development on his own projects, so I'm sure he's well-aware of how to solve complex issues involving quality control; the exact thing Eclipse needs.

2) His vision. Orienting the development of the flagship of Eclipse to be team-driven is an excellent idea, and it comes with all of the benefits of doing so.

Marshy Dearest, I'll admit, my vote is on the basis of likability, personal experience, and my thoughts on the outcome.

Who I like better is -_obivious_-.

From personal experience, one hasn't stolen anything from me, and has been quite helpful to me, over the period of the last two years.

From thoughts on the outcome, well, one's a to-do list, which doesn't leave much prospects for the future, and the other is actually a developed plan-of-action, that many have had some form of input and development in. Plus, of all the VB coders on this site, I'd like to think that I'd have a nice chance of being able to help out with development when Rob proposes his initial team. ![<_<](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.png)