Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New engine

Irij47

Is there anyone here that knows some C# that would like to get together and attempt to create an engine? I'd like to try and get something new going instead of depending on these old VB6 ones.. PM me if interested and we can discuss some stuff.

Same as the two above.

My question is are you, lrij, just trying to assemble a team to create an engine or do you have programming background? Are you going to lead this charge? What do you bring to the table, do you have anything already done? Like any project no one is going to jump in blindly. Most of the remaining programmers around here (see above) are already working on their own projects and tend to work solo, why should they help you?

Just a few things to think about. Best of luck!

Growlith- Haven't you been doing that since 2014? Do you keep restarting it or something?

Jc- Is it another "Pay for features" type engine where you don't get source access unless you pay?

Xer - Have you got a thread about it?

Good luck to all who try. It's the thought that counts.

@or3o
I was referring to the Eclipse engine he'd made for this community, in which he had a silver and gold tier. You were limited in the free version and had to buy the gold tier to actually make use of the engine.

@jcsnider
Great. Sorry you feel it was besides the point- it was very relevant from my perspective since that freemium thing was a pretty big goof, just making sure you weren't going to do the same thing again and I could perhaps look forward to your work.

@'God':

> @or3o
> I was referring to the Eclipse engine he'd made for this community, in which he had a silver and gold tier. You were limited in the free version and had to buy the gold tier to actually make use of the engine.
>
> @jcsnider
> Great. Sorry you feel it was besides the point- it was very relevant from my perspective since that freemium thing was a pretty big goof, just making sure you weren't going to do the same thing again and I could perhaps look forward to your work.

Why would you be referring to his last engine if this entire thread is about a new engine?

@'or3o':

> @'God':
>
> > @or3o
> > I was referring to the Eclipse engine he'd made for this community, in which he had a silver and gold tier. You were limited in the free version and had to buy the gold tier to actually make use of the engine.
> >
> > @jcsnider
> > Great. Sorry you feel it was besides the point- it was very relevant from my perspective since that freemium thing was a pretty big goof, just making sure you weren't going to do the same thing again and I could perhaps look forward to your work.
>
> Why would you be referring to his last engine if this entire thread is about a new engine?

Because he said he was making a new engine. When evaluating the potential new engine he's working on you have to look at the engines he has made in the past. The last one was monetised and didn't do very well because it was closed-source. I wanted to know if his new engine that he posted about would be the same as that engine- I'm glad it's not and that it'll be back to normal as that's how it'll get the most users and therefore get the most discussion, tutorials and resource sharing to happen.

Jc has a good track record for getting engines into the peoples' hands- if he says his next engine is open-source then it's something I can look forward to, he knows what he's doing.

I'll probably end up getting this post deleted, but Jc's community has a VB.Net Engine as well as a C# engine, if your interested, message me and I'll send links.

@'God':

> Growlith- Haven't you been doing that since 2014? Do you keep restarting it or something?
>
> Jc- Is it another "Pay for features" type engine where you don't get source access unless you pay?
>
> Xer - Have you got a thread about it?
>
> Good luck to all who try. It's the thought that counts.

Have i ever said i worked on it daily? lol

@'God':

> @'or3o':
>
> > @'God':
> >
> > > @or3o
> > > I was referring to the Eclipse engine he'd made for this community, in which he had a silver and gold tier. You were limited in the free version and had to buy the gold tier to actually make use of the engine.
> > >
> > > @jcsnider
> > > Great. Sorry you feel it was besides the point- it was very relevant from my perspective since that freemium thing was a pretty big goof, just making sure you weren't going to do the same thing again and I could perhaps look forward to your work.
> >
> > Why would you be referring to his last engine if this entire thread is about a new engine?
>
> Because he said he was making a new engine. When evaluating the potential new engine he's working on you have to look at the engines he has made in the past. The last one was monetised and didn't do very well because it was closed-source. I wanted to know if his new engine that he posted about would be the same as that engine- I'm glad it's not and that it'll be back to normal as that's how it'll get the most users and therefore get the most discussion, tutorials and resource sharing to happen.
>
> Jc has a good track record for getting engines into the peoples' hands- if he says his next engine is open-source then it's something I can look forward to, he knows what he's doing.

But you where not  "just making sure you wheren't going to do the same thing agian." You didnt even bother to check his site that clearly states its going to be open source.  When evaluating the potentinal engine the first step would be to actually bother checking his engine out, not just assuming.

@'or3o':

> @'God':
>
> > @'or3o':
> >
> > > @'God':
> > >
> > > > @or3o
> > > > I was referring to the Eclipse engine he'd made for this community, in which he had a silver and gold tier. You were limited in the free version and had to buy the gold tier to actually make use of the engine.
> > > >
> > > > @jcsnider
> > > > Great. Sorry you feel it was besides the point- it was very relevant from my perspective since that freemium thing was a pretty big goof, just making sure you weren't going to do the same thing again and I could perhaps look forward to your work.
> > >
> > > Why would you be referring to his last engine if this entire thread is about a new engine?
> >
> > Because he said he was making a new engine. When evaluating the potential new engine he's working on you have to look at the engines he has made in the past. The last one was monetised and didn't do very well because it was closed-source. I wanted to know if his new engine that he posted about would be the same as that engine- I'm glad it's not and that it'll be back to normal as that's how it'll get the most users and therefore get the most discussion, tutorials and resource sharing to happen.
> >
> > Jc has a good track record for getting engines into the peoples' hands- if he says his next engine is open-source then it's something I can look forward to, he knows what he's doing.
>
> But you where not  "just making sure you wheren't going to do the same thing agian." You didnt even bother to check his site that clearly states its going to be open source.  When evaluating the potentinal engine the first step would be to actually bother checking his engine out, not just assuming.

Incorrect.

First you look at who's making the engine.

As far as looking at his website, I had only learned after posting my previous posts that jcsnider even had a website or had released engines after the ones he had released here.

It's not exactly written in his post or signature that he has a website or that he has a list of engines he's made.

@'or3o':

> he isnt allowed to post his site, Link doesnt seem to approve of it.

Exactly- so how, pray tell, would I be aware of such a sites existence? It would appear engines have been released there that I also didn't know about.

And of course Link would be against it. They have custom engines, what seems to be a growing community and sensible rules. From my perspective right now, it seems to be, dare I say it- better. That being said, there's always room to improve and it's Link's call as to whether or not he wants to move in the right direction and take the feedback that members are providing and apply it in a sensible way to restore Eclipse.

@'or3o':

> he isnt allowed to post his site, Link doesnt seem to approve of it.

@'CMFiend420':

> I think its more the fact that JC doesn't want Link posting about it here.

I do not wish to release, maintain, or support my engine here. Because of that I believe this post along with the several above are extremely off topic and out of respect we should keep the discussion between Irij and anyone willing to help him out.