Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestions for eclipse engine

WiseRock

1\. 8 directional movement.

2\. Attack sprites (during attack, and few seconds after fight)

And finally official version. There is too many custom versions.

When i started my Eclipse adventure ( ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) ) like 3 months ago i downloaded Event System 2.3 and thought it's a top of Eclipse technology ^^ while custom versions like EA/ER are much much more advanced.

We need to adapt one of custom versions as official version (if creaters havent got any problem with this of course)

> 1\. 8 directional movement.
>
> 2\. Attack sprites (during attack, and few seconds after fight)
>
> And finally official version. There is too many custom versions.
>
> When i started my Eclipse adventure ( ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) ) like 3 months ago i downloaded Event System 2.3 and thought it's a top of Eclipse technology ^^ while custom versions like EA/ER are much much more advanced.
>
> We need to adapt one of custom versions as official version (if creaters havent got any problem with this of course)

I feel your missing the point of this whole section of the forum. Rob was elected to take lead in a new engine to precede the EES.

The reason your idea is terrible, is because all those Custom engines are just Old version of eclipse with tutorials stacked on top of them. They are full of bugs and poor optimization. Features don't make it more advance if all they do is hinder the performance of the engine.

> why not go for a more object oriented aproach?
>
> also getting rid of all the vb controls we are doing game not aplication programming

Hehe. Well, hehe.

> Oh, you can count on me to ensure that is happening. I will personally make sure classes are used where structures should not.

Thats what i wanted to hear

> Oh, this made me remember of sadscript…
>
> I would rather use vb6 though.

i am not sure i get what you are trying to say