• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buddscape

Matt

@'Xlithan':

> This game is pretty bad to be fair.

And you have no talent to be fair.

Just saying, sticking a "to be fair" at the end of an insult doesn't make it any less of an insult. Next time leave some advice or literally anything than stopping in to say it's bad. The game could be horrible for all I know (haven't played it yet, sorry Matt D;) but it's still not a valid reason to leave pointless criticism.

(Also, didn't really mean you have no talent)

I drew the item images like two years after I made the game, and the actual sprites and paperdolls is a different story. Way back when, people drew character models that could be easily assembled together to make Runescape characters for signatures on forums or something. If you make a quick google search for "Runescape Buddykit", then you'd probably see the same graphics I use in the game. That's why the name of the game is "Buddyscape". Now, some paperdolls I couldn't find with these kits, because they were kind of old. So I drew them myself. The nex sets, ancient equipment, chaotics/dungeoneering stuff, void, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting I drew myself. The sprite I didn't draw myself, but I think I modified the hair or something.

@Skyward, I appreciate the defense. While I agree that simply saying "It sucks" isn't the best criticism for me, it's not necessarily wrong. That being said, I'll go over things I've mentioned before

The game was made using an _unmodified_ copy of **Eclipse Origins 2.0**.
Don't expect there to be dynamic content aside from killing things.

I think the biggest problem, aside from the bland content, is that I didn't make it clear or very easy to start. Starting out kind of requires you to find one of two creatures to kill, or just general knowledge about the game. I never intended to seriously release this, so I guess that's why it didn't end up being too clear; I didn't design for an audience that wasn't me. I do think that if people managed to get a decent start out on the game, they might appreciate it a tiny bit more.

Looking back at the actual game images, some of them are mine and some of them aren't. If you look through the item images that come with the game, those with the purple background were drawn by me, and those with the green background are Jagex's. As far as I remember, anyways.

Any graphics I made for this game were made using MS Paint.

@'SkywardRiver':

> @'Xlithan':
>
> > This game is pretty bad to be fair.
>
> And you have no talent to be fair.
>
> Just saying, sticking a "to be fair" at the end of an insult doesn't make it any less of an insult. Next time leave some advice or literally anything than stopping in to say it's bad. The game could be horrible for all I know (haven't played it yet, sorry Matt D;) but it's still not a valid reason to leave pointless criticism.
>
> (Also, didn't really mean you have no talent)

It's a standard version of Eclipse with poor mapping, no feature updates, sprites that don't animate and don't fit into the rest of the graphics at all. I won't respond to your "talentless" comment as I don't feel I have anything to prove here. May have only been 13 when he made this, but if I feel like making a comment about how bad it is, I will, no rule against it. It's a forum after all, and everybody is entitled to their opinions as long as they're not abusive.

It's bad, and that's my opinion. Others might like it though, and that's the beauty of game design :)

> It's a standard version of Eclipse with poor mapping, no feature updates, sprites that don't animate and don't fit into the rest of the graphics at all. I won't respond to your "talentless" comment as I don't feel I have anything to prove here. May have only been 13 when he made this, but if I feel like making a comment about how bad it is, I will, no rule against it. It's a forum after all, and everybody is entitled to their opinions as long as they're not abusive.
>
> It's bad, and that's my opinion. Others might like it though, and that's the beauty of game design Smile

The issue people had with your comment was that you only said "it was bad" and nothing more, no constructive critic or anything.
It's not THAT BAD for a 13 year old to be honest, I've seen worse eclipse projects.
This one was atleast a bit finished with a city, shop, items and gold system.