Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minor Suggestions

Matt

I'd like to suggest a few features that I thought should be included.

- Two handed weapons

- Attack frames for NPCs and players

- Items with two paperdolls; One for male, and one for female.

- NPC spells

- Binds; on equip and on pickup

- Random spell damage

- NPC attack speed

- Map animations :3

- Possibly.

- Possibly.

- I dunno about this one, I doubt a lot of people would really require it.

- Possibly.

- Same as the other one, how many people would really need this?

- Same as above.

- Possibly.

- Possibly.

> Not sure what you mean by random spell damage. Like literally spells do random damage? Doesn't make sense to me.

I should rather say some sort of "vital" equation. Having spells heal/damage the same amount every time is a bit dull.

> I should rather say some sort of "vital" equation. Having spells heal/damage the same amount every time is a bit dull.

Well yeah, that's an alright idea - actual spell damage/healing formulas.

> I should rather say some sort of "vital" equation. Having spells heal/damage the same amount every time is a bit dull.

Oh, so spell scaling? I posted something on that awhile ago. I can't find it though, so here's one by Rob Janes.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/115148-spell-scaling/page__hl__%2Bspell+%2Bscaling

The paperdoll thing for two genders, I kinda like that idea. It would work for 'some' stuff if you had a pixel artist to make the different images.

Bound items, I don't understand why eclipse shouldn't have this any more? It used to. I use it in kryce from the old EE series, I have it on a grappling hook a player gets in a dungeon as it's the only place it can be found and you need it to access certain areas.

Spell damage, I wouldn't say 'random'. i'd say have a modifier, so that it ranged between x and y.

For instance instead of FIRE hitting 50 each time, have it vary between 45 and 55\.

as for everything else, sounds decent.

> I mentioned it before. How many people would really honestly need this? Not many.

Anyone who wanted to make a successful game utilizing the paperdoll system. I don't recall of many popular online games where you can't customize your character in some way besides picking their race/model.

- Random spell damage:

>! **Open Server**
>! In **modCombat**, look for:
>! ```
Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital
```
>! Replace by:
>! ```
Vital = RAND(1, Spell(spellnum).Vital)
```
>! - Two handed weapons
>! >! [http://www.touchofde…weapon-2-hands/](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129460-creating-weapon-2-hands/)

> - Random spell damage:
>
> >! **Open Server**
> >! In **modCombat**, look for:
> >! ```
> Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital
> ```
> >! Replace by:
> >! ```
> Vital = RAND(1, Spell(spellnum).Vital)
> ```
> >! That's a very simplistic approach, I'd prefer to add something within a certain range of the vital.
> >! > Anyone who wanted to make a successful game utilizing the paperdoll system. I don't recall of many popular online games where you can't customize your character in some way besides picking their race/model.
> >! Adding a lot of obtainable gear and giving players a load of customisation options at the start fixes that. I really don't see a need for sex-based paperdolls.

> That's a very simplistic approach, I'd prefer to add something within a certain range of the vital.
>
> Adding a lot of obtainable gear and giving players a load of customisation options at the start fixes that. I really don't see a need for sex-based paperdolls.

Yes but if you male and female character models are noticeably different it would be needed. I won't for my game, I'm just saying for some people it would. Then again most people who make games on here use the RPG Maker graphics so it doesn't matter.

That's what I'm assuming - that people will have similar sprites. The way the engine is going to work should make it pretty easy to add that feature anyway.

> - Random spell damage:
>
> >! **Open Server**
> >! In **modCombat**, look for:
> >! ```
> Vital = Spell(spellnum).Vital
> ```
> >! Replace by:
> >! ```
> Vital = RAND(1, Spell(spellnum).Vital)
> ```
> >! Maybe Vital = RAND(Spell(spellnum).Vital - ((Spell(spellnum).Vital/ 100) * 10), Spell(spellnum).Vital+ ((Spell(spellnum).Vital/ 100) * 10)) could be best since higher levels +1 -1 damage won't make much difference