Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 questions

Orake the GM

@'Orake:

> is 3gb ram, 1500MHZ harddrive 220gb enough for my eclipse game?

If you mean enough to run the server then definitely yes. I believe VB6 can only use up to 1 GB of RAM so it'll run it just fine. What really matters now is your internet speed.

@'Colonello':

> If you mean enough to run the server then definitely yes. I believe VB6 can only use up to 1 GB of RAM so it'll run it just fine. What really matters now is your internet speed.

VB6 can use up to 2 GB of RAM but that's more of a 32-bit limit but yes, your internet is more important.

In terms of a server, This has been discussed on another thread. The real value of a server goes in this order:

Upload speed > CPU (single core for VB6) > RAM

Without the decent internet connection you will throttle and cause lag spikes etc regardless of a awesome server. Upload is more important than download when it comes to speeds since most ISP's provide decent enough speeds to run an eclipse but your upload is generally capped. A VPS will have a shared connection with X amounts of users using the same server as you. Thus at peak hours generally the speeds will dip and that's why a VPS is cheaper than a dedicated. With a dedicated you get a full line just for you to do as you wish.