Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Protect resources

heplpme

@'PD':

> Don't store them locally. Just stream them from the server.

Either way streaming the resources or not they would still be stored locally, even if temporary. You'll need to encrypt them which will stop most users. If someone really wants to steal them they can regardless of protection.

@'BeNjO':

> Either way streaming the resources or not they would still be stored locally, even if temporary. You'll need to encrypt them which will stop most users. If someone really wants to steal them they can regardless of protection.

I wasn't being serious :)

Just throw some encryption on your files and be done with it cause as Ben said, if someone really wants them, they will get them.

@'PD':

> @'BeNjO':
>
> > Either way streaming the resources or not they would still be stored locally, even if temporary. You'll need to encrypt them which will stop most users. If someone really wants to steal them they can regardless of protection.
>
> I wasn't being serious :)
>
> Just throw some encryption on your files and be done with it cause as Ben said, if someone really wants them, they will get them.

How? Stating something to be true is only useful when you back it up with facts.

Btw, I have been messing with the IHDR and IEND chunks and it works as intended, but I'd like to do it programmatically so I don't waste time by going file by file. If someone thinks he can help just post here or msg me. You will be rewarded : D

I was just saying if someone wants to steal the stuff bad enough they will, seemed the op was mad that no one explained how someone could steal encrypted graphics. if the printscreen button was disabled, they would need to use open broadcast software to record gameplay, turn that into screenshots and rip said graphics from that :/

• 11 months later...