Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using an event to trigger another event?

Zetasis

So I can't seem to figure out how to make an event trigger another event. What I want to do is make a switch that a player can trigger and it will make a set of spikes protruding from the ground retract so the player can cross them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You create an event and set the parameters (in the case "Action Button") and in the code section set "Player Switch _NameofSwitch_" to True.

Create a second page on the same Event and set the condition as "Player Switch" to True and leave it blank. Unless you want it to be able to toggle it.

Now go to the spike Events and set their graphic as spikes on the first page, then create a second page and set the condition to "_NameofSwitch"_ to true. Check the *Walkthrough box and set the graphic to lowered spikes.

In addition with some tinkering you can have it reset after a certain time by adding a Wait function on the first trigger and adding "Player Switch _NameofSwitch"_ to false.

It's also to be noted this only affects the player that interacts with the Switch, so all other players will see the spikes still up, unless they push the button for themselves.

***Added***

>! ![](http://sadpanda.us/images/1312227-BQW85UP.jpg)

My version of it with the spikes coming back up around 5 seconds.

Clicking the hidden button in my knight, set's the Switch to True.

Then after 5 seconds it shuts back off, so I better hurry.

Spike I, Spike II, etc has a lava graphic blocking your path, unless you click the switch.

Clicking the Switch makes the lava recede, so you can walk through.