Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Alot of ]Suggestions

clark

Hi ,

Theses suggestions i posted here are just suggestions don't start telling me to learn vb6 or anything like that , i just make suggestions you decide later wich one you keep or refuse. (This message were for thoses who like telling always the same thing) Well , here we go :

**Suggestions :**

**- Differents server each other connected but each server does one work (like server 1 : Client packets , Server 2 : In-game packets)

- Special Label for the money who can display more numbers else than 12k (For example :12 356) (No more visual money taking a place in the inventory)

- Moveable Gui i suppose ? i mean fluid moveable gui (no more black shadow when moving it)

- Maybe cleaning the dx8 code or upgrading it to dx9 ? (actually i don't know what would do if we use dx9 so …)

- Protected files (I see people starting to say "it's useless blablah") there would be an editor wich you put pictures files inside , then you put "encrypt" this editor will encrypt the files (for each game makers the encryption will change automatically so no one could hack it easly) once the files are encrypted there is a new extension the pictures are inside and the client will read them a bit like when you compile your client and you put some background picture inside it automaticaly recognize it and display even if you don't have it in your folder.

- Light systems drag and drop differents lights (made on .png files )on the map ( a bit like map editor with tilesets)

- Server coded in vb.net ? or C but with a vb6 client (suggestion please keep your calm)

- Better Artifical intelligence (editable by an editor ) wich you could easly add more speed to each monsters add different spells , vitals , drops , directions to Each monsters. (A better IA as much as when you attack all the monsters they are not all on the same line trying to chase you... but they could be able to block you )

- Player shops editable (each players could add their own stuff and sell it to others players) even if he's offline.

- Optimising the server (you know , unless codes , reducing the code , optimising it etc..)

- Different map morals ( Party only , Instanced map (like if two players enter in the same map the server will automaticaly generate the same map for both of them , but they will not be in the same map ) Level Required Map ..

- External scrolling map editor (so everyone could easly scroll the map and see it completly (more easy to make maps)

- Friend system

- Mail system (receive mail once someone is connected)

- Real-time message (pop up a window with a message inside) wich could be editable server-side

- Better Fighting system (if you hit hard on the monster , the monster try to avoid you ) not chasing you same else (if he hit harder on you , he start chasing you.) Also make the ctrl available to kick at a distance of 2 tiles (not 1)

- Damages on Stuffs , stuffs have lifetime , once the liftime is about the half it pop up a message telling you to go repair . If you don't then the stuff breaks you can't use it until you repair that.

- Reset stats possibility on spells or potions

- Real armor defense , and skill damages (editable using a .ini or editor)

- Ranking system displayed on a website (the server generate a ranking file (with character pictures) the server have the ftp informations and automaticaly send them on the directory on your website.**

That's it for now ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> **- Damages on Stuffs , stuffs have lifetime , once the liftime is about the half it pop up a message telling you to go repair . If you don't then the stuff breaks you can't use it until you repair that.**

Wow, why didn't I think of that?

Oh wait, because durability systems are ducking dreadful and should not be default.

First of all you have to know what you are talking about.

> **- Maybe cleaning the dx8 code or upgrading it to dx9 ? (actually i don't know what would do if we use dx9 so …)**

Visual Basic's 6 you see has a limit to what it can handle. Upgrading to DirectX9 is impossible since Visual Basic's 6 is old and can only go up to Direct X8\. The only way we would achieve Direct X9 is moving to another platform.

No.

Already happening.

Already happening.

DX9 without the use of third party APIs is impossible in Vb6.

No, it is inefficient and unnecessary.

Supposedly happening, but in a less lazy way.

Go away.

Possible.

Possible.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Supposedly happening.

Already hapenning.

Possible.

Possible.

What?

Already happening.

Possible.

Possible.

Already happening.

No.

Done.

I have a feeling you think we're making a game for you or something. Just go away.

> Seamless maps?
>
> I'm selling that feature ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) (sorry l have a server to pay…)

You can also go away, charging for a feature that takes little effort to do.

> **Differents server each other connected but each server does one work (like server 1 : Client packets , Ser****ver 2 : In-game packets)**

Doesn't that mean more packets being sent?

Say if Server 1 handles Client Related packets(Like login's and stuff) and Server 2 handle AI and Server 3 handles player packets

Leave Alone Server 1 cause it would basically mean that it's an Auth Server. But Server 2 and 3 would constantly keep on sending packets to and forth and another server would have to sent the packet to the player. This means a shitload of packets being sent and thus might make the game a bit laggy if lots of players were online.

> No the player will be receiving the Same amount of packets!
>
> This is the system used by real Mmorpg btw
>
> It would be a lot of work though and no one would ever use it

The player would be receiving the same amount of packets, yes. But the server programs would be doing more work as they would have to send packets between each other to do everything.

If a player attacks a NPC, Server 1 would receive the attack packets and would have to send a message to Server 2 which would handle the player attacking data and then send the message back to the client of the result from Server 2.

I really don't see how that would be any easier then just the normal way of one server handling it all as its no less code needed but just more work to make the servers interact.

Wasn't me who said that ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

servers should be divided in a way to minimize communication between them;

the most effective way is to make servers per region and not per functionality, they won't be communicating with each other except for global chat.

and one server to host all the players information,