Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New blocking attributes

Dr.House

> I agree

**Haven't you already been told to stop baselessly posting things for the sake of posting?**

Anyway, the idea that I'm putting forward relating to collision is the following: "to go with the new tile engine that Rob's making, and the pixel-based movement that I'm adding, there'll be a drag-and-drop style collision layer. You simply click the point to start, and drag to the rectangular region that you want to block."

I'm waiting on Sekaru and General General Pony to either agree, disagree, or suggest something different, and for Rob to verify what we're actually doing relating to the matter.

That's a stupid option. Our basic goal is to make source edits as simple as possible so the average newb can open up a copy, mess about a bit and edit things to their liking so hopefully 8 directional movement will be easy to add.

> No U.

You know, mate, once this engine actually is released, who's going to be your one-stop shop for support on this forum?

**Us.** (The devs, collectively.)

We're already genuinely annoyed by certain members inability to listen, but if you actually want support for the development of your ventures on Eclipse, the last people you want to hate you would be _us_ (The devs, collectively.), because we _can, and will deny you help._

That might sound incredibly self-centered of me to say, but unfortunately for both us, and you, it's the truth. It's a completely new engine that only we are going to know the basis around, and _**it took a good two years for the forum collectively to effectively lrn2EO**_, so, there.

(Don't worry Modmins, and anybody else who'll almost certainly take this the wrong way, I don't have a complex, but really, there are certain truths that should be known.)

> You know, mate, once this engine actually is released, who's going to be your one-stop shop for support on this forum?
>
> **Us.** (The devs, collectively.)
>
> We're already genuinely annoyed by certain members inability to listen, but if you actually want support for the development of your ventures on Eclipse, the last people you want to hate you would be _us_ (The devs, collectively.), because we _can, and will deny you help._

I do not really like half of dev-team (and that 2 do not like me too) ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) SWAAAG.. I want twinkie ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)