Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Special Effect

Crossfade

So I've received a game from an old friend who use to run it, (so old its ran with a Konfuze engine). I'm gonna try to teach myself to program from it, but I needed a little help first.

Say I wanted to add an effect to items, which the game already has just no special effects are actually added in. But I want a different one, where it just has a little check box on the item creation screen, where some items can use it and some can't.

Heres an example, I want the command to be /flames with this item equipped, and my sprite for it would go AROUND the player(like consuming them, if that's how you can visualize it)

Thanks for any help. I'm not good with programming, and I never have been. I tried when I was younger, but I guess with a better attention span I might try again.

*And sorry, I think this is in the wrong forum. Thats my bad. I've found how to add the /command, but not with the effects I'm thinking.

Again, my B for it being in the wrong place. Thanks in advanced fellers

From my point of view, I think you should learn the basics of programming and then try to accomplish this task on your own. From there, you can ask for help. Otherwise, I don't think someone is going to write this for you.

I've already said I was going to give it a try again. I'm just asking for a little help. Heck,someone could even break it down and explain it for me like a tutorial if they'd like, I know I'd appreciate it.

I'm trying to learn man, just asking for some help in this general area.

First, you'd have to write a particle engine or find one to use with Dx8/VB6\. Second, you'd have to create the particle effect the engine would render. Third, you'd have to get the particle engine emitting at the location of the sprite or other target object on a certain event.

Was that helpful enough for you? You have a long way to go.

> First, you'd have to write a particle engine or find one to use with Dx8/VB6\. Second, you'd have to create the particle effect the engine would render. Third, you'd have to get the particle engine emitting at the location of the sprite or other target object on a certain event.
>
> Was that helpful enough for you? You have a long way to go.

See the reason I'm asking is I've seen it done on a konfuze engine before. Thought it was cool, so I wanted to try and figure it out. Oh and believe me, the guy who did this didn't know anything besides VB6

Ok thanks guys, maybe this will help out anybody that wants to help.

The game I've got this idea from uses this in their BIG sprite files, and mapping tiles. Its probably in their a couple places.

I've seen PARTS of the code before, I know the item editor would be have check box, chkAURA or whatever I was to call it. Then the code and the slash command of course would be in that file.

But the sprite is animated. Like those water tiles, where it switches from one to the other. So its like a big sprite added to your sprite but is animated. I dunno, I know it would probably be relatively easy for someone to do it, if I could just explain it correctly.

Again, thank y'all, I'll go digging around those files and see whats up. If anyone thinks they could help me out, I can send you the sprites, and show you what I mean. I'm in the process of animating them anyways, so maybe it'll give someone a clearer picture of what I'm talking about.