Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forum suggestions

helikion

Just one thing ive noticed…

As a noob, i've just started getting my head around it all and wading through the forums to answer my questions and issues.

Many times i have found a topic relating to my issue and an answer had been given correcting the bug or a tutorial...

after looking for the files and not finding them or flicking through lines that arent there i gather that the answer is for a different engine.

so my suggestion is that maybe have a system of organisation that makes everything you are looking at in the forum, relevant to the engine you are using?

Maybe easy for people with more experience but as a noob its easy to get lost in it all when nothing you are reading relates to the files you have...

just a thought...

cheers

heli

The problem is no one is going to sort all the topics that already exist in the forum. Also a lot of the them are still relevant and works exactly the same or can be ported with no effort. Also there is over a dozen different engines. So it would most likely just turn into official and non official forums.

i understand but perhaps a tag in the thread to denote what engine and then option to sort by engine? the past is the past but future posts will be organised.

I came across this issue trying to increase gui resolution on eo v2… seems a very rare find!!

thanks

> There is no need if people would use tags. [EO], [EES], etc. We tried before, no one actually does it though. Maybe.. in those forums, set up a check box for starting a topic, where you have to choose your engine, and it'll automatically add said tag in front of name.

exactly!!! its just my opinion but i think this would greatly help troubleshooting and also free up time spend answering the same old questions that everyone asks.