Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update on the site

Link

Hello folks,

We've gone through two web developers for the new site. We're on our third web developer, all of these were paid jobs, but the two who quit just had unfortunate situations. Trust me, no one is as impatient as me about the new site/engine releases. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still working on it. At this point, it's just a waiting game for me and out of my hands. I've already handled the designs and given them to the programmer.

The staff team is anxious like everyone else. Everyone is sticking around here for a reason, no matter what the reason is. As far as I'm concerned as long as one person cares about this place, it's still alive. So until I can't care about this place, it's still alive. Hopefully I can make the waiting worth it.

- Link

I have a rare talent for extracting truth by reading between the lines in what Link posts and shouts. The new site will be here in roughly 20 minutes. This is what Link said, not me.

>! You thought I was kidding and had something serious to say here, didn't you? Maybe something like "JK lol"?

>! Why do you expect this to be any different?

>! Nothing here too.

>! Nada.

>! How far are you willing to take this?

>! How much are you willing to risk?

>! Are you willing to risk your life?

>! Even the life of your family?

>! Everything that you know, love, and hold sacred?

>! You have two options. You can close the browser, go back to wherever you started out, and continue living in wonderland. Or, you can hit the spoiler button, and I'll show you just how far the rabbit hole goes.

>! Wrong choice.

>! The rabbit hole doesn't go very far, FYI.

>! Blah

>! Still committed to the bit, eh? It's your time that's being wasted.

>! There's nothing at the end of all this, just so you know.

>! And yet you keep coming.

>! This is actually a recursive bit of javascript code. It'll keep adding a spoiler with content everytime you toggle any spoiler.

>! Eventually the script will run out of things to insert into the spoiler content, and will loop back around.

>! Look, I'll show you.

>! You thought I was kidding and had something serious to say here, didn't you? Maybe something like "JK lol"?

>! Why do you expect this to be any different?

>! See? Completely looped back around.

>! Okay seriously, go away.

>! I still stand by what I said.

>! It's probably 15 minutes 'till the site is released.

>! But those are Link's words, not mine.

>! Link always delivers on his promises.

>! Don't let us down, Link.

>! :heart:

Lol, if they don't finish the work then don't pay them, just make a contract with them saying they can go to court to sue you if they finish and you don't pay, and that they are not entitled to any money. If they sign then they can't do anything unless they finish and you get less screwed.

@'Mohenjo:

> Lol, if they don't finish the work then don't pay them, just make a contract with them saying they can go to court to sue you if they finish and you don't pay, and that they are not entitled to any money. If they sign then they can't do anything unless they finish and you get less screwed.

For something like that there would have to be a time limit clause involved. Or there would  be shit slapped up there. Worse thing about the law there is always a loophole. And you would also need to define what is "Finished" and what is not. once again loopholes.

But it is doable and saves from getting screwed when done right. You are right though, the terms do need to be very well defined and can't just be "what I deem fit" (well it can be but that takes more effort and you have to keep EVERYTHING said about it or they can just say that you said it was finished.) Another way is to get a few other people (admins, friends, etc) to be in the messaging so that they can see everything going on and back you up.

@'Mohenjo:

> I don't think you'd have to go beyond a small claims court for this sort of thing.

I am not sure you can small claim courts across countries, that kind of thing is a nightmare and almost never worth it.