Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spreading out and Advertiseing

Kajamaz

Personally I would not recommend IndieDB, unlike many people here. Indie Game Devs are people who work extremely hard to create content all of their own, from source code to graphics. I feel Eclipse-based games and other games built on easy-access engines don't particularly belong there. My two cents. To me it's like if someone came here to advertise a game he made on RPGMaker2\. Again, it's different ball-games.

Word of mouth, finding gamers/people online/communities with similar interests and Free MMORPG Forums and Top 100/200 sites are your best bet, I believe.

> Do not underestimate Twitter. I repeat, do not underestimate Twitter.
>
> It is an extremely valuable resource that you can exploit so easily if you know how to.

I have a twitter account but i have no idea how to make the game spread around useing twitter!

How do i get random gamers to find it?

> Word of mouth, finding gamers/people online/communities with similar interests and Free MMORPG Forums and Top 100/200 sites are your best bet, I believe.

You're not gonna find a magic free approach dude. These are basically all your options. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> Personally I would not recommend IndieDB, unlike many people here. Indie Game Devs are people who work extremely hard to create content all of their own, from source code to graphics. I feel Eclipse-based games and other games built on easy-access engines don't particularly belong there. My two cents. To me it's like if someone came here to advertise a game he made on RPGMaker2\. Again, it's different ball-games.
>
> Word of mouth, finding gamers/people online/communities with similar interests and Free MMORPG Forums and Top 100/200 sites are your best bet, I believe.

A game is a game no matter what it is made with. With that mentality, it means that a game made with Unreal Engine would be in the same ballpark.

It depends, but while saying art is art, do you believe the work of emerging, struggling young artists should be exposed in galleries next to toddler drawings and given the same attention? As far as I know nobody publishes all the short fictions everyone in the educational system has to write each grade in their language/writing classes, yet they are writings and short stories the same as any of a publishing novelist.

It's really really just my personal opinion however, there's no cause to argue over this. ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

> It depends, but while saying art is art, do you believe the work of emerging, struggling young artists should be exposed in galleries next to toddler drawings and given the same attention?

In a way you're right, but if I make an awesome game with Eclipse it wouldn't be fair if my work wouldn't be accepted cause of the engine I used. I'm not saying Eclipse is the best choice to make a MMO with - it isn't, but everyone deserves a fair opportunity to showcase their work.

Sorry for going off topic, but [Ragezone](http://ragezone.com/) is a decent place to advertise your game.

> In a way you're right, but if I make an awesome game with Eclipse it wouldn't be fair if my work wouldn't be accepted cause of the engine I used. I'm not saying Eclipse is the best choice to make a MMO with - it isn't, but everyone deserves a fair opportunity to showcase their work.
>
> Sorry for going off topic, but [Ragezone](http://ragezone.com/) is a decent place to advertise your game.

I'll try rage zone when i get home!