Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Donate to Eclipse

Marsh

I am currently at school full time with zero income. Up until this point the google ads have been paying for the site along with me chipping in part of my food money. I am now provided with food and not given money so i cannot pay at the moment. While google ads have next months payment they have fallen behind the last 2 months. Eclipse is currently $60 overdue on its payment with another 80 due. If the 80 becomes overdue sometime this month then Eclipse will go down. The bill is normally only about 60 a month or so but "Dreamhost" switched my servers and jacked up the memory usage creating a higher bill then normal. I am currently talking with Justin about possible payment but we will see what happens.

I wish i had the cash to pay but i simply do not have any sort of income whatsoever. So if you want to buy ads on Eclipse or donate now would be the time. I have requested a backup of the forum database encase the site goes down. If it does go down hopefully i can get it back up again the next month with google ads, but if the sites down it may not hit the minimum payment.

Anyway, just thought id give everyone the heads up. I will try to sell some shit and get the payment, but i dont really have much at the moment. I will update this post of how far we are away from our goal.

**Bring Eclipse back up to snuff:** $0

**Have the site not shut down for another month:** $0 !!!!!!!!!!!

If you are worried that the money doesnt go towards hosting donate here: [http://www.dreamhost…te.cgi?id=10850](http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=10850) That link can only be spent on hosting. But it has a minimum payment. Where paypal can be any amount.

Thanks Sekaru, and thanks to the other donation of $5 i couldnt find who it belonged to but if you let me know i can give you a donator title.

The hosting is so expensive becouse Eclipse currently uses 3 private servers. Also the host is constantly complaining saying i need a memory upgrade on my server. Eclipse gets some massive traffic. Over 1 million page views a day. Also i am split across 2 hosts, one for freemmorpgmaker.com and one for touchofdeathforums.com i am trying to merge them into 1 but i need to move the filehost on freemmorpgmaker which is way to big to do manually. So i am trying to get support to do it.

> Eclipse currently uses 3 private servers. Over 1 million page views a day.

Seems a bit too hard to believe, why dont you just switch hosts maybe?

Also… 1 million page views a day... if you get paid 1 cent for 100 ads on the top of the page... you'd get 10k dollars a day.

I dont believe you get 1 million views, just cant cant...

> Seems a bit too hard to believe, why dont you just switch hosts maybe?
>
> Also… 1 million page views a day... if you get paid 1 cent for 100 ads on the top of the page... you'd get 10k dollars a day.
>
> I dont believe you get 1 million views, just cant cant...

I checked the actual stats it takes about a week or two.

Also you only get payed when people click the ads. About 0.034 people clicks ads. So no its not close that that. I make 40 - 60 a month off the ads. Goes up a bit in the summer.

> I checked the actual stats it takes about a week or two.
>
> Also you only get payed when people click the ads. About 0.034 people clicks ads. So no its not close that that. I make 40 - 60 a month off the ads. Goes up a bit in the summer.

Sounds like you need to get away from that crappy host and find one that doesn't oversell.

> Seems a bit too hard to believe, why dont you just switch hosts maybe?
>
> Also… 1 million page views a day... if you get paid 1 cent for 100 ads on the top of the page... you'd get 10k dollars a day.
>
> I dont believe you get 1 million views, just cant cant...

1 million views factors in people like me and you refreshing the page, viewing a thread etc, guests visiting the site etcetc. Ads only really make any money when people click them. You get like a fraction of a cent per thousand people viewing them.

freemmorpgmaker.com just got suspended but i am transferring all my stuff over here. Hopefully i can get the domain over to before the site goes down. Still $75 owing if anyone still feels like donating ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)