Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Eclipse Origins 4.0] Number of editor entries restricted (Quests, Pets, Zones)

AlfyG

Hi all,

I wondered if someone could help me with this. It got flagged by someone a while ago, but I don't think they got an answer to the original question (linked below) as they also had other issues.

I am using the Silver Version of 4.0, and some of the editors are limited to only a few entries (namely, quests, pets and zones). The rest of them are fine and allow plenty of entries. I can see that DAT files have been created for these 'missing' entries, but they do not appear in the editor.

Is there a way that I can 'unlock' them? I'm happy to play with VB6, but I don't want to increase the array size, just access the ones already there.

If anyone could help me out, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers.

EO 4.0/4.2 is for me personally a bad choice of an engine to use since it was made with a membership in mind. (Back in the they when it originally released you had 2 types of membership , gold and silver, in order to run your game)...Since a lot of time has passed there is no more support for any of it and the engine itself is open source I believe. Anyway, you should try other DX8 engines (there are plenty that are better than EO 4) like Crystalshire which is Open source. If you made any progress in the game (mapping...)  it shouldn't be too hard to write a converter ( at least for tiles not including events, if you use same tile sets ofc) to pass your progress on other engine. If these engines weren't so outdated this would've been an easy fix. I don't remember much of it since it was so long ago and If there is anyone here that does maybe you can get some more help with it :)

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

EO 4.0/4.2 is for me personally a bad choice of an engine to use since it was made with a membership in mind. (Back in the they when it originally released you had 2 types of membership , gold and silver, in order to run your game)...Since a lot of time has passed there is no more support for any of it and the engine itself is open source I believe. Anyway, you should try other DX8 engines (there are plenty that are better than EO 4) like Crystalshire which is Open source. If you made any progress in the game (mapping...)  it shouldn't be too hard to write a converter ( at least for tiles not including events, if you use same tile sets ofc) to pass your progress on other engine. If these engines weren't so outdated this would've been an easy fix. I don't remember much of it since it was so long ago and If there is anyone here that does maybe you can get some more help with it 🙂

Cheers Coyote. I appreciate its an old, unsupported engine. But, to be honest, having looked at some of the others, I like the features of this one. I'll check out Crystalshire too. But yeah, if anyone can help me with getting to those hidden entries, I'd be very grateful!

Well, if you are using pre-compiled version of the engine I suggest you find an open source one, since you can enable anything that wasn't in the silver package through code.

If you do have the source code then it should be easy to do it. I believe someone posted the source code when it was discontinued.