Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Code/script request poll

unnown

Hello all ^.^,

I wanted to help some people out by making things they want and are unable to do themselfs or have no idea how to begin,

In this post i'd like everybody to suggest something,

The top requests will be put into a poll and i'll make a tutorial complete with code for the suggested winner ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

I'd like to start with small fun idea's (no player owned furniture and stuff yet ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) - although i do have the code for that somewhere…)

Idea's

1. Capture the flag (flags, traps, spawnpoints, all the things)
2. Improve the attack animations
3. Improve paperdolling
4. Npc spell casting (already done?)
5. animated emoticons
6. Multiple npc drops (already done?)

Try coding a nice new battle system.

Here is what I mean.

Make a New Folder, name it Attacking Animations

In that folder you will put only the sheets with attacking animations not the movement itself of the sprite.

Each image file will be linked to the Sprites folder, 1.png(Attacking Animations folder) to 1.png (Sprites folder)

So when you will attack, then it will get the frames of the 1.png (Attacking Animations folder)

When you will move it will use the normal movement folder "Sprites"

The walking animation from Folder Sprites

D D D D

L L L L

R R R R

U U U U

Attacking animations from Folder A.A.

D D

L L

R R

U U

This way you won't need to mess up your sprite sheet, because the attacking frames won't be on the movement frames.

Having all frames on a single sheet is pretty dumb (in my opinion)

EO 3.0 (dx8) in fact all EO engines, needs much more work on this side of the engine, attacking animations, because it's pretty lame done.

If you could improve it like I said then it would be great ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Thank you !

I would like to suggest an edit to the paperdoll system. As it is now, there is only one way paperdolls are ordered. I thought it would be much better if the paperdoll order would be different for each player based on which direction they were facing.

EDIT: This edit would make paperdolling more realistic, and easier.

For example, lets assume that all players in a game hold weapons in their right hand, and that the paperdoll order is like this.

```

PaperdollOrder(1) = Equipment.Shield

PaperdollOrder(3) = Equipment.armor

PaperdollOrder(4) = Equipment.Helmet

PaperdollOrder(5) = Equipment.Weapon

```
Its quite hard to make weapons in the right hand walking to the left, because its at great risk of overlapping the armor paperdoll. But, if the order were to change for each player based on which direction they were facing, (for example)

```

If Dir = left then

PaperdollOrder(1) = Equipment.Weapon

PaperdollOrder(3) = Equipment.armor

PaperdollOrder(4) = Equipment.Helmet

PaperdollOrder(5) = Equipment.Shield

end if

```
then weapons could be held in the right hand without any risk of overlapping the other paperdolls.

> I would like to suggest an edit to the paperdoll system. As it is now, there is only one way paperdolls are ordered. I thought it would be much better if the paperdoll order would be different for each player based on which direction they were facing.
>
> EDIT: This edit would make paperdolling more realistic, and easier.
>
> For example, lets assume that all players in a game hold weapons in their right hand, and that the paperdoll order is like this.
>
> ```
>
> PaperdollOrder(1) = Equipment.Shield
>
> PaperdollOrder(3) = Equipment.armor
>
> PaperdollOrder(4) = Equipment.Helmet
>
> PaperdollOrder(5) = Equipment.Weapon
>
> ```
> Its quite hard to make weapons in the right hand walking to the left, because its at great risk of overlapping the armor paperdoll. But, if the order were to change for each player based on which direction they were facing, (for example)
>
> ```
>
> If Dir = left then
>
> PaperdollOrder(1) = Equipment.Weapon
>
> PaperdollOrder(3) = Equipment.armor
>
> PaperdollOrder(4) = Equipment.Helmet
>
> PaperdollOrder(5) = Equipment.Shield
>
> end if
>
> ```
> then weapons could be held in the right hand without any risk of overlapping the other paperdolls.

so basicly advanced z-ordering? ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

unnown, I don't know if you ever saw the Eclipse Reborn engine (it's actually a fixed version of CS:DE with some features) do you think it will work what i suggested?

Not only for ER, but for other engines too, maybe CS:DE character's animation processes are kinda the same as EO's (i don't know)

If you're gonna do that improvement to the attacking animations would be a really great help, and will look much more awesome in game, when you attack.

Thank you.

Honestly I suggest just making these tuts for EO3.0 seeing how thats the only engine that is supported.

Anyways here are my suggestions:

1.Spell casting NPCs.

2\. More spell types like confusion, Leech life, etc…

3\. Give spells, NPCs, and even items the ability to trigger events.

I dunno I'm sure I could come up with more but those are some I've always thought the engine needed.

> unnown, I don't know if you ever saw the Eclipse Reborn engine (it's actually a fixed version of CS:DE with some features) do you think it will work what i suggested?
>
> Not only for ER, but for other engines too, maybe CS:DE character's animation processes are kinda the same as EO's (i don't know)
>
> If you're gonna do that improvement to the attacking animations would be a really great help, and will look much more awesome in game, when you attack.
>
> Thank you.

Animations should be quite easy to alter for all engines, but i'll provide code/tuts for each engine

> There is already a tutorial for that:
>
> [http://www.touchofde…entile-chances/](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/121640-eo-20fixed-multiple-item-drops-and-percentile-chances/)

As there is for npc spells

Global variables & switches. For EO 3.0

(variables & switches that will change for everyone when changed, saved in a .ini file server side

Example:

An event where all players together have to collect 1000apples, each time a player delivers an apple to the event NPC the variable will be +1\. 10 players each collecting 100apples would be ennough already.

When the 1000 is hit, a door with the global variable requirement 1000apples could then open.

)

I also love: Npc spell casting, Improve the attack animations

There is a npc spell casting somewhere, but it wasn't complete if I'm right the attachements where removed?

The multiple drop worked fine for me in EO3.0 so I'm not sure why that one has to recieve a new tutorial.

> Explain more about what you mean by "matchmaking" and how it would work. Just by reading that it could be anything from setting up blind dates, to finding an opponent to fight.

yes because im trying to have a blind date service in a 2d game… smh.

/e matchmaking as in, a system that will find an opponent for you to fight in an arena. it will look for an opponent that is in the same level range as you. then it will generate an arena for you both to fight in, so u dont end up on the same arena map as other people who are already in the middle of a fight. /e either that or make 100 of the same map(lol) and u get placed in an empty one that doesnt already have people fighting in it.

• 1 month later...
i think there should be skills with a layout like this ![](http://images.wikia.com/runescape/images/archive/f/fd/20111126182932!Old_toolbar.png)

each skill should have its own exp like it you was training your combat you would be just getting combat exp and that would make you better at combat and you will be able to kill things fast and hit higher you will also be able to wear better weapons when getting higher levels

skills that would be cool in this

woodcutting(cut down trees like normal but when you get higher levels you get better axes and you can cut down better trees)

crafting(use a knife to make arrows and bows when getting a higher level you will be able to make other bows with the better wood)

mining(mine rocks and metals alot like woodcutting but with rocks)

smithing(smelt the metals to make a usable metal which then you can make weapons and armor)

combat(fight to get better you will hit harder when you get better levels and you will hit move to)

defense(block attacks you will block move attacks when a higher level also you get better armors)

archer(shoot bows and crossbows alot like combat but with bows)

magic(alot like archer but with spells)

beast riding(ride animals and dragons when you get a higher level you can ride better stuff)

fishing(use a rod to fish you can catch better fish when leveling up)

cooking(cook meats and fish by putting it on a fire)

firemaking(use a tinderbox and wood to make fire)

ohh and if you made the armors not like (helm,sword,shield,armor) and make it like (helm,sword,cape,shield,body,legs,boots,gloves,neck,ring) this will make drops better and your character like not the same as everyone else