Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Elder Scrolls Online

MadalinV

Yeah some of these guys in charge of doing TESO also created DAOC, which was a great game.

[media]http://youtu.be/HpPE3rTcXIA[/media]

It was 3faction pvp with large scale castle combat, as well as dungeon raids, tradeskills etc. Massive game for its time.

It was typical to have 200 players on a raid to kill a dragon, and wipe.

I basically told them to go screw themselves in my little paragraph. Something about the responsibility rested on them to determine quality control metrics aside from some random ass "essay" describing why the person would be a good candidate or not for a flippin' beta. I thought the whole premise of it was silly.

I believe invites will still be going out after the commencing of the beta. Simply wait your turn. If they weren't going to let more people in, they'd not allow you to sign up.

In the mean time, try unsuccessfully to quell your excitement.

> I basically told them to go screw themselves in my little paragraph. Something about the responsibility rested on them to determine quality control metrics aside from some random ass "essay" describing why the person would be a good candidate or not for a flippin' beta. I thought the whole premise of it was silly.

I thought it was silly as well, but I also wanted to get in. xD

> I thought it was silly as well, but I also wanted to get in. xD

I was taken aback by the absurdity of the whole thing, to be honest. But just like you I wanted to get in, so I did it anyways. They ought to screw themselves with that essay nonsense, though, it is a waste of their time and ours.

> I was taken aback by the absurdity of the whole thing, to be honest. But just like you I wanted to get in, so I did it anyways. They ought to screw themselves with that essay nonsense, though, it is a waste of their time and ours.

It's pretentious beyond belief.. Unfortunately if it was meant to increase my chances of getting in then I rather had to..

> Everyone is jumping on the MMO wagon. It's just another generic MMO slapped with Elder Scrolls on it. It could be interesting with sandbox elements in it, but who knows I may give it a shot.

That is why I am going to be a part of the Beta Testing. I have so many hopes that it is not as generic as the vibes I am getting tell me, but only time shall tell at this point. I will make sure to tell you all if I find it generic after getting a few hours in, however.

> That is why I am going to be a part of the Beta Testing. I have so many hopes that it is not as generic as the vibes I am getting tell me, but only time shall tell at this point. I will make sure to tell you all if I find it generic after getting a few hours in, however.

Right, that's good. I just hope they do the sandbox elements in a way which enforces teamwork better than the current MMOs.

> Right, that's good. I just hope they do the sandbox elements in a way which enforces teamwork better than the current MMOs.

Hahah, even if they do I will still more than likely play alone anyways. I find it annoying or troublesome to get together with people, to be honest.

You guys do realize that the project lead on this project is Matt Firor, and the last game this guy was a lead / designer on was the massive piece of shit called Dark Age of Camelot. ZeniMax Online Studios have never made a single game before. Another noteworthy thing is that there already is a recently released MMO, made with Hero Engine, that advertised itself as a single player mmo and it failed horrifyingly. Everything, from people working on this, to the marketing sounds like Titanic.

As much as I'm eager to play it - we're all in for an inevitable repeat from Old Republic, and anything that tries to take part of WoW's subscription based market will ultimately fail at it's goal.

> You guys do realize that the project lead on this project is Matt Firor, and the last game this guy was a lead / designer on was the massive piece of shit called Dark Age of Camelot. ZeniMax Online Studios have never made a single game before. Another noteworthy thing is that there already is a recently released MMO, made with Hero Engine, that advertised itself as a single player mmo and it failed horrifyingly. Everything, from people working on this, to the marketing sounds like Titanic.
>
> As much as I'm eager to play it - we're all in for an inevitable repeat from Old Republic, and anything that tries to take part of WoW's subscription based market will ultimately fail at it's goal.

Nice to see you're your cheery self. ![:rolleyes:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif)

From all the gameplay we've seen so far, it looks good; we'll have to wait and see for the final thing though.

> You guys do realize that the project lead on this project is Matt Firor, and the last game this guy was a lead / designer on was the massive piece of shit called Dark Age of Camelot. ZeniMax Online Studios have never made a single game before. Another noteworthy thing is that there already is a recently released MMO, made with Hero Engine, that advertised itself as a single player mmo and it failed horrifyingly. Everything, from people working on this, to the marketing sounds like Titanic.
>
> As much as I'm eager to play it - we're all in for an inevitable repeat from Old Republic, and anything that tries to take part of WoW's subscription based market will ultimately fail at it's goal.

Positivity thrown out of the window? The best we can do is hope to friggin' God it ain't as bad as you make it out to be. As much as we know it could be a colossal failure, can you people not just let us hope and see for ourselves? Gosh.

> What concerns me is the trailer i watched made the game look entirely single player. You could arena with other champs but other then that.
>
> Age of Conan tried that. It failed pretty hard.

It depends what trailer… I saw a trailer that shows more Co-Op features (teams)