Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dawn of Light WIP

Vortigem

Click [for better image quality](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4a29e11245c5b7b0d002c1aa04cf60e9.png).

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4a29e11245c5b7b0d002c1aa04cf60e9.png)

You'll notice different colored mushrooms as well as coconuts on the ground. These are spawned consumables, ie: collected small red mushrooms can be eaten for +15 hp, small blue mushrooms can be eaten for +15mp, coconuts can be eaten for +10hp & mp. I think some of the positioning of spawn items can be improved, what are some of your thoughts? All of my work is done in MS Paint and touched up with GIMP.

> Look's great, and the spawned consumable idea is good, as long as they can't spawn too regulaly. Unfortunately using Eclipse, spawns can't be random so your players will remember all these spawn spots, and do 'runs' to get as many of the consumables as they can.
>
> Can't wait to see more!

In actuality, the 'runs' are something I'll encourage. Call it 'gathering' if you will. See they only replenish a small amount - its beneficial to lower levels but doesn't do much for the higher players however mushrooms can be used in Alchemy to create potions which are far more beneficial. Aside from killing creatures it is an easy resource, and for new players a possible source of additional income.

Apart from pine trees growing next to palm trees, I pretty much like it.

Then again - vegetation seems awfully big compared to the character sprites. They're out of scale, I would make them smaller and keep the character sprites - they are the strong point of the whole thing.

• 3 weeks later...