Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Updated Web Server v.2

UPDATES: 2/16/2013: (9:41PM)

* Added a report player system and a automatic muting system that if you are reported enough times for language issues you are muted for 24hrs. You can change the time if you wish.
* Added a few securit enhancments with the jframe loading the users paypal information ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

For those of you who keeped inboxing me for the webserver. I took it down becuase it was old, and i needed to clean it up drastically and update it. Here is a new list of all the features this contains, and a few screenshots

* Register your character through your website, easily with your own web server. No programming needed.
* Accept payments/donations for memberships or easily create an online store or mini-game for your game in wich you want your players to pay real cash for.
* Check on your characters information such as remaining paypal balance, remaining mebership days, current email and password, change your email or password, or change your username, wich i have it set to disabled as default
* Actually see your sprite and all the stuff he/she is wearing inside the webpage.
* View highscores and stats of all other players in a search bar.
* Admins of the webserver can get security notifications sent to there phone after every successful payment.

A detailed server showing off the way data is sent and handled.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e2a3df28a89c611d6eec84397843e5f0.png)

Current Login Screen

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4c85152b86e9ca3f6e44d0ff995b4929.png)

Information screen for player

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/bb79b32e5326771fe2338e399e5fa909.png)

For those people who have bought it from me already, as I said updates are free, just pm me and ill verify its you.

because this is a separate web server designed to run along side your real game server. It reads the data that is inside your character's .bin folder in the servers account directory. To read the players data is simply nothing more than just copying and pasting the playerrec server side.

Theres a version on the site thats free. Just simple updates that iv added are in here. And yes. I had some of help from a friend o' mine named Jason Shinkle at www.tecktronic.net.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Ahh ok gotcha.. I have no idea what happened there!  Sorry.  Yea I can do that, sure.  Don't get me wrong though, he asked me to make it for him…  I haven't heard from him in a really long time though.  Seems like the thing is going to waste if nobody has access to it anymore though.

My name is Jason, he mentioned me up above there.  If you PM me I will let you see my fb or my twitter or whatever if you want so you know I am who I say I am lol.

Here is a screenshot of the very first version of it minus the little changes he made I guess, been awhile since I looked at this and all that other stuff we worked on with the EO engine.  Ooriginally, i made a version of this for a game engine of my own called JRPGT, but it never really panned out all the way so we converted it over to work with his EO server.  

I found this thread via Google.  Finding this thread was just interesting to me more than anything, I hope this thing didn't break any of your community's rules, but I made it clear with him that it was his responsibility to deal with anything like that.

[http://imgur.com/bp74BLz](http://imgur.com/bp74BLz)

Also here is one pic of what this thing derived from, a proxy server I made years ago that was able to act as a proxy for a wifi hotspot and allowing you to control stuff, see who was using your wifi, send AUP screen on connect, retain and utilize a web cache, take paypal payment for wifi access, etc:

[http://imgur.com/48KOnNo](http://imgur.com/48KOnNo)

Oh, nah not at all.  I was down.  Honestly it was a lot of fun to mess around with.   I only briefly saw what he had done with it after I handed him a project to modify, so I don't know all the stuff he did with it, but if this was actually useful to anyone I'd be interested in finishing the version I started.  I don't care that he was charging money for it but I wouldn't personally.

> Oh, nah not at all.  I was down.  Honestly it was a lot of fun to mess around with.   I only briefly saw what he had done with it after I handed him a project to modify, so I don't know all the stuff he did with it, but if this was actually useful to anyone I'd be interested in finishing the version I started.  I don't care that he was charging money for it but I wouldn't personally.

well i would like to see free version of this for shure :D

> Oh, nah not at all.  I was down.  Honestly it was a lot of fun to mess around with.   I only briefly saw what he had done with it after I handed him a project to modify, so I don't know all the stuff he did with it, but if this was actually useful to anyone I'd be interested in finishing the version I started.  I don't care that he was charging money for it but I wouldn't personally.

How exactly did you do this?

> How exactly did you do this?

The users web browsers think it's php.  What it really is–a vb socket daemon that acts like a web browser.  It's a socket array that listens for connections on port 80 or whatever, then I just have a function that the requested URL gets thrown into along with any post or get variable info, its a big SELECT CASE statement that determines what do to at that point & usually sends something back or the contents of a file, perform tasks, etc.  It's kind of like PHP, but your using VB instead of PHP, directly in the 'web servers' code.  By doing it that way the purpose of the program is hard coded but still able to do more than PHP could, such as working with the account files for EO server.  There is also some sections of code that deal with things like request and output web headers, and a very specific way of dealing with packet splitting to act  as a web server or proxy.  There are also a bunch of "php" in the working directory, these are files that this thing uses, and inside of each is just html, and the program needs these because they are like.. the parts of the web output that the admin can modify--files acting as variables basically.

> well i would like to see free version of this for shure :D

Cool ^^

If you guys could just tell me what you would like it to do, I will make a better & free version based on those details. I just don't want to re-invent the wheel for any features that he had that weren't useful etc. I also feel like there are some flaws in it that really need dealt with too requiring a whole new version, so I don't mind.

Does anybody have a copy of the old version they are using that I can see just the web page or some pictures of?  It would be nice to see what differs from the base version I made vs. what he had posted here before/sold?

Hmm..  Also I really doubt he is able to maintain this project right now–I hope he didn't get banned from here because I didn't step in on this conversation earlier, then I am gonna feel really bad.   : \

> Cool ^^
>
>  
>
> If you guys could just tell me what you would like it to do, I will make a better & free version based on those details. I just don't want to re-invent the wheel for any features that he had that weren't useful etc. I also feel like there are some flaws in it that really need dealt with too requiring a whole new version, so I don't mind.
>
>  
>
> Does anybody have a copy of Tyler's version they are using that I can see just the web page or some pictures of?  It would be nice to see what differs from the base version I made vs. what he had posted here before/sold?
>
>  
>
> Hmm..  Also I really doubt he is able to maintain this project right now–I hope he didn't get banned from here because I didn't step in on this conversation earlier, then I am gonna feel really bad.   : \

i would like to see that we can link this web server with mybb forum software  from what i  saw last time we was not able to do that 

better interface maybe? 

and also i would like to see nice : How ti set up web server tutorial !