Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Renewal 1.8.0 Update Log

Mohenjo Daro

As the title says, this thread will be used to post updates as they happen. I will just be updating the main post so that there aren't 10 posts in a row with 2 things on them. I'll also make a spoiler for all the planned features and current bug list.

[Added Features]
–----------------- June 5, 2016 -------------------
- EXP modifier for overall EXP and Party EXP along with Party EXP options (This includes tooltips to further explain the functions)

------------------- June 6, 2016 -------------------
- (Optional on server) Players drop items on death option (separate equipped and inventory options)
- (Optional on server) Permanent death when player dies (player is kicked and the account is remade)

------------------- June 7, 2016 -------------------
- Agi based Running
- End + Will based Stamina for how long player can run for

------------------- June 10, 2016 -------------------
- Smart and dumb NPC AI option

------------------- June 18, 2016 -------------------
- NPC speed
- NPC attack speed
- NPC hive mind
- NPC hive mind range

------------------- June 21, 2016 -------------------
- NPC Movement frequency

------------------- July 1, 2016 -------------------
- Sprint server side
- Sprint regen pause

------------------- July 14, 2016 -------------------
- New GUI (subject to change)
>! ![](https://s31.postimg.org/8cf54qauz/main.jpg)

–----------------- October 21, 2016 -------------------
- New Day/Night system (looks awesome and easy enough to change)

------------------- November 16,  2016 -------------------
-New Development panel (To cut down on the constant annoyance of opening and closing multiple editors we now have the "Development Panel" This is the only window you will have to open to make your game now!)

------------------- January 13,  2017 -------------------
-Select NPC levels per map and have them auto calculate

------------------- March 26,  2017 -------------------
-Weather determined server side
-Weather editor is finished

------------------- April 2,  2017 -------------------
-NPC spells added

[Fixed Bugs]
–----------------- April 2,  2017 -------------------
-Fixed all bugs that were found and finished balancing NPC formulas

[Planned Features]

>! - Oxygen Map Type
- Hunger
- Stealth
- Random Weather

~Development Team
~Mohenjo Daro

Might just be me but making it so that there is an option to drop or not drop items on death seems a little pointless when you have permanent death.

I also don't think making death permanent is a good idea either. Seems like it would make people not want to try harder mobs and/or bosses.

@'Zetasis':

> Might just be me but making it so that there is an option to drop or not drop items on death seems a little pointless when you have permanent death.
>
> I also don't think making death permanent is a good idea either. Seems like it would make people not want to try harder mobs and/or bosses.

Perma death is an option-able feature in the games. It can be toggled on and off.

@'Zetasis':

> Might just be me but making it so that there is an option to drop or not drop items on death seems a little pointless when you have permanent death.
>
> I also don't think making death permanent is a good idea either. Seems like it would make people not want to try harder mobs and/or bosses.

Thanks for pointing that out. As Johnson said, they are optional features and I have changed the OP to show this. We're trying to give developers as many options as we can: we don't want to pack the engine full of features the devs don't want but can't get rid of without coding.

It's that way because I can't increase the size much more since the height needs to be increased in intervals of 32 pixels. I will be making the client resizeable and the parts will just be moved, so that should help. I might move the chat bar off the solid part and move it onto the game screen. I don't plan to have any buttons/etc. on the game screen though, I never liked them blocking the view, but I do plan to have a key to get rid of the GUI and have the game screen take up the whole client.

• 4 months later...