Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New GUI ingame?

Kumi

Hello guys,

I Kinda hate posting lots of topics with help i need but as you know i'm still learning and i tried searching for a tutorial or something but no use.

How can i make a New GUI in the game appearing on my screen?

im thinking of making a new GUI on the screen and a Time clock.

Thanks in advance and sorry.

Damn, You're really Helpfull ![:lol:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png).

I Know i need to edit the source, what i'm asking for is if that someone can guide me on how to do this. Please.

P.S: i dont know how to do a calculator yet.

> I dont want to know how to do a calculator. I prefer to start learning to do the source and working on my game instead of doing a calculator. With some of the user's help.

You need to master the art of GUI making.

To change the layout of the GUI you will have to mess around with controls.

> Stop trying to run before you can walk.

I'm not, I already did some text appearing in the client. Basics but if anyone can guide me into making / Putting a simple GUI in the game, That would be nice.

time clock is very easy….

Step 1 make a timer call it what ever you like.

set interval to 1

click the timer then paste this in side it.

```

Dim dtmTest As Date

dtmTest = TimeValue(Now)

lbltime.Caption = dtmTest

```

now make a label to match it.

![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) in case you want the other side to it.

this is code for a date:

new timer (name it wat you want.)

interval set to 5.

click the timer and paste this code to it.

```

Dim dtmTest As Date

dtmTest = DateValue(Now)

lbldate.Caption = dtmTest

```

–---------------------

which engine are you using i might be able to explain how you can move the gui.(ps i havent used all engines but if ik ill tell you)

Hey [DarkMatchFlame](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/user/38524-darkmatchflame/), Thanks for you're replay

I'm using Eclipse Advance.

How can i exectly make this since i'm still learning and got into source only yesterday

> Stop trying to run before you can walk.

> Your google fu is weak, there are thousands of calculator tutorials on the web. Pick one. Once you've mastered the art of placing buttons come back.

> Then you'll need to edit the source. Go learn the basics of VB6 and come back after you've made a calculator.

Why don't you stop being a prick. You were once new to this community like everyone else. You need to learn some damn respect. Damn he is just asking a question so stop being a damn bastard and grow up!

He was giving you some helpful advice, its the same with everything. You need to learn what to do before you can master it. There is no point in attempting to make a game if you can;t be bothered learning the most simple programming language there is.

That's what im trying to do. Im learning, thats why i posted this, to see if someone can guide me into making a gui in game ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

EA is simple….(for a dx8 gui) i edited the gui with 0 understand of the codes... so o-o if you need help pm ill try give you pointers on the ea gui.

cookies ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

I think you're being very hostile towards MrSean.

However, that being said, he did deserve it. ;D

You have to change the pictures if you want to keep the current layout, however if you want to make a GUI with buttons in different places and different places for the bars, you have to open the frmMain and frmMenu and edit them. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> This engine is supposed to be where you don't have to code. Coding is optional. Just stop being a prick

Sorry, but no Eclipse engine is made for the purpose of you not doing any coding to make a game. Yes, many of the custom version like EA may give a lot of features so you have less work to do, but if you want to do custom things in your game, you will need to modify the code. There is no way around that, its just a fact. If you don't plan on doing any coding, you will have a very basic generic game. When you want to change things from the engine to make it custom for your game, you need to edit the source as thats how those things are decided.

KuMii, show us what you have tried so we can help you fix the code. Look at current GUI codes in the engine and try something off of that.

Im sorry if im not that clear, im new to sourcing and whatever.I Dont need to edit any GUI in the game, I Need to add my own Picture i made on the screen when you play the game. It's a simple image

also i need to add a clock, But first i want to just learn the really basic and add a picture.

> You have to change the pictures if you want to keep the current layout, however if you want to make a GUI with buttons in different places and different places for the bars, you have to open the frmMain and frmMenu and edit them

I Did try to add it from there by opening the frmMain but the admin panel only appears.

> sits not, how me how to modify the layout of the GUI(places and stuff) without modifying
>
> code.

Mabye he means by editing the GUI from Graphics folder? dunno.

> KuMii, show us what you have tried so we can help you fix the code. Look at current GUI codes in the engine and try something off of that.

I Haven't tried anything yet to be honest, i'm just needs a heads up on how i can import a picture to appear in my screen, but i try. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Oh my god really?

Your questions have been answered in all their conceptions and you're still asking the same question.

To change JUST THE IMAGE, replace the images in the eclipse/data/graphics/gui menu.

To CHANGE THE LAYOUT, move the objects in the form in your vb6 IDE.

To ADD A CLOCK, add a timer and copy the code someone posted above into the timer object.

In total seriousness and not meaning to be rude, I think you need to visit one of the foreign boards, or work on your English skills, to prevent future misunderstandings.

OKEY DOGY, Mabye my english isin't that good since i'm not english, Do i need 100% well written english to join the forum?

I tought this was just a forum not a grammer exam. Mabye thats why i am online to learn some things.

I dont know if your just stupid or i cant understand, I dont want to change any images or layouts. i just want to add my image.

If 'CHANGE THE LAYOUT' means that, then i open the IDE Client VBP and edit the FrmMAIN from there?

THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

What do you mean by put your own picture into Eclipse? You need to actually explain things so people understand what it is you are asking for.

By what you asked for, it could mean you want to change something like the login screen GUI's image, or the backpacks image or any current image used in Eclipse, to your own graphic. Well thats as simple as changing the graphic file itself or changing the file linked to that thing in the source. What image to do you want add, where do you want it added, why do you want it added…

If you want to add your own thing to your engine with a new image on it, you will have to actually explain it. Look at the current source and how graphics are handled, try something on your own. If you can't get it to work, then post here with what you tried and we can help fix it.

If you show the effort to actually try it on your own and not wait for someone to program everything for you (not saying you are doing this, but without showing any attempt it looks this way), people will be a lot more willing to help.