Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miracle Classic v1.1.3

tslusny

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I'm most likely not going to use this engine either way I am just curious what your problem with DX8 is.

By implementing DirectX8, you're making it more modern which will destroy the classic feeling. Mirage was always about a simple and retro feel.

> Hmm. Well it seems rather obvious to me now. How about an autotile system. I wouldn't think that would take away from the classic feel at all.

Yea thats my plan, but i must calculate them in rmxp style, but i am not good at maths ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

> System would add news as it is in the ER? and item stack?? :>

I do not wanna spam engine with features, but i will add stackable items (and i will remove currency item type, and for currency you will use ITEM_TYPE_NONE with [x]Stackable checked) but idk if i will add it in next version, becouse i always had problems with stackable items, so i must first implement it without bugs.

> I do not wanna spam engine with features […] so i must first implement it without bugs.

+1.

Just keep improving and optimising. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Alright so I downloaded this and started messing around with the scripting system just to see how it was and to my surprise it is very different then what TE and EE had going. From what I can tell with this scripting system it is basically just taking a sub and writing it into an .ini file so one could make code changes without compiling or even opening VB6\. So as far as I can tell if you can't program VB6 then you don't even need the scripting system in this engine. Now this is good and bad in my opinion. From what I remember with TE and EE SadScript was just a dumbed down version of VB code which was nice because it allowed for even a novice programmer to make interesting features but it also was bad because it was extremely slow .

Just thought I would post my findings for any others like myself who have been curious as to how this scripting system worked. If I am confused or just down right wrong please let me know. Like I said, I am not a programmer, but I can look at code and tell what it is supposed to do for the most part.

Mr Beam say

Hmm, i can add option for disabling Scripting to engine ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I will add it to next version, it is usefull feature.

I just test the engine and it's work!

But there are a few bugs when I test the event system

Okay I will give u this long list of bugs

>! Condition branch - @Change spells
>! Change Skills - @Change sprites
>! Change sprites - @Change PK
>! Change Class - @Change sex
>! Change Sex - @Set Access
>! Set Access - @Costume script
>! Open/Close ev - @Unknown

and one more thing, how to edit the costume script in any of your engine?

If a quest system is added to this engine, it should be something from scratch that fits the old-school style more and not just adding Scott's system into an engine like everyone else does.

Make it something custom, more unique and make them link into the event system.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/02bea575383260c52a9ae2f68793aa3e.png)

NEW VERSION (v1.0.3)

**Changes:**

================================

Miracle Classic v1.0.2 -> v1.0.3

================================

- Added Scripted timers to engine and new SS commands (SetTimer, GetTimer and RemoveTimer)

- Added Scripted NPCs

- Added Scripted Items

- Added Scripted Tiles

- Fixed major bug in Event Editor

- Removed SSMsgBox commands from SadScript, becouse i found that i can use VB6 commands in it, so i can just use MsgBox

- Fixed reloading of Scritps (i forgot to set classes to nothing)

- Fixed loading of event number in NPC editor