Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Isometric

Tivoilos

> -snippy-

Matey, "REAL" and "FLUENT" isometric IS literally still a 2D matrix, with the exact same rendering/input calculation as above.

Fundamentally speaking, it's still the same x/y calculations as ever. You just render it differently, and transition it differently. That's all.

y iso at all??? just make tiles that give the feel of it?

you dont really need iso movement just upgrade the movement to 8 directional.

(Reiners tiles?? WHY? >.> there like looking at nothing , nice detail but too small and boring)

anyways iso = bad move just saying o-o just looking at flare tiles(which are 1000000 times better then reiners). there not easy to make like most of us did. you be doing it 3d and rendering images like dat.

bored have fun on dis topic ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> y iso at all??? just make tiles that give the feel of it?
>
> you dont really need iso movement just upgrade the movement to 8 directional.
>
> (Reiners tiles?? WHY? >.> there like looking at nothing , nice detail but too small and boring)
>
> anyways iso = bad move just saying o-o just looking at flare tiles(which are 1000000 times better then reiners). there not easy to make like most of us did. you be doing it 3d and rendering images like dat.
>
> bored have fun on dis topic ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

[Astonia](http://www.astonia.com).

One of my favourite games ever; I met some really great friends on there and the community was great. It's quite dead now, but the gameplay is still good. And I quite like the graphics. Isometric isn't necessarily a bad idea.. I think it can look more interesting than standard top-down 2D graphics.

> Why use isometric movement at all? Just make tiles that give the aesthetic of it.
>
> You don't really need isometric movement just upgrade to 8 directional movement.
>
> (Reiners tiles? WHY? They are like looking at nothing, nice detail but it doesn't stand out.)
>
> Anyway, isometric movement is bad move, must my opinion, just looking at flare tiles (which are much better than reiners). They're not as easy to make you need tomake it in 3D and rendering them as images.
>
> That's all I have to say, have fun on this topic.

> y iso at all??? just make tiles that give the feel of it?
>
> you dont really need iso movement just upgrade the movement to 8 directional.
>
> (Reiners tiles?? WHY? >.> there like looking at nothing , nice detail but too small and boring)
>
> anyways iso = bad move just saying o-o just looking at flare tiles(which are 1000000 times better then reiners). there not easy to make like most of us did. you be doing it 3d and rendering images like dat.
>
> bored have fun on dis topic ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Becuase your are limited with 2D. If you have 8 directions and such it opens up a whole new world and experience. Not only do you add extra movement but now everything has to work with it (Spells, NPCs, items, etc)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone? please, i cant code shit :/ but if i could i would LOVE to do it, not just for myself but for everyone here that wants it!

so please. pick this thread up again?

I really, BEG of you! i wanna so a isometric game, im an 2D isometric graphic artist! but cant find an Isometric engine anywhere! :'(

• 4 weeks later...
You'll need to render the scene in a orthographical way depending on the graphic libary your using you might be able to use a preset lib function take opengl for a example they have a glortho function thatll render the screen isometric for you.

Isometric is not really all that difficult. You can even make an option to make the map rendering isometrically or normally. Why make two versions of the engine?

> You'll need to render the scene in a orthographical way depending on the graphic libary your using you might be able to use a preset lib function take opengl for a example they have a glortho function thatll render the screen isometric for you.

You don't need a preset library. Isometric is just rendering the tiles with different x/y values and rotation of the tile.