Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Map Issues (Map getting Scrambled/Mixed)

Mohenjo Daro

Ok, I have been messing around with Eclipse Origins, map making not codes, for a while now and once in awhile one of my old maps will fritz out and get mixed with an old one… Any help with this problem and how to fix it would be **HUGELY** appreciated!!! I'm getting tired of having to completely remake the map from scratch ![-_-](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep.png)… The map usually gets messed up after I make or edit a different one, not sure it the codes are getting mixed or something.

It's hard to know what exactly your problem is based on what you have told us in this post…

What do you mean by your maps "fritz out" and get mixed with old ones. Do you mean the map is changing to an older version? Do you mean its just not saving your changes?

And what do you mean by the maps getting messed up after u edit/make another map? So like you map out Map1, then go to Map2 and once you save Map2, Map1 is now messed up?

We need some more information on what's going on and what you may be doing between these saves/changes to know what the problem is.

I mean that when I edit a different map some times, usually after I mess with or use other tile sets, a different map gets sliced up and, in a way, gets mixed with the edited map. As I said, I would rather not have to re create this map from scratch.

In other words; I make a map, I make another map, i edit the second map (usually with a tile set), the first map gets chopped up and I have to completely re-create it.

If needed I can add a photo of it if someone tells me how I can add the photo, it wont let me paste it

Ok, I figured it out, didn't see this button the first few times… It went from the normal looking picture to the chopped one, the chopped one is the first map that got "mixed" and the attributes are good but they aren't at the same time... The chopped map was completely different from what it looks like now, it was a DIFFERENT map and now it is the second map in slices.

Ok, I don't think anyone will figure this out, but it just magically fixed its self, but I would still like to know if anyone knows why it happened or how to fix it faster.

Ok, lets stop jumping to conclusions and get the basics.

1) What version of Eclipse Origins are you using?

2) Have you made any source code edits at all?

3) Does this happen on a clean EO 2.0? (http://www.mediafire.com/?h6s5s86hci5lp4a)

4) How about 3.0? (http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Eclipse%20-%20%203.0%20-%20Electrified%20Events.zip)

Answering any or all of these questions will help narrow down if it is a source edit (50% chance). Graphical engine error (< 10% chance). Packet mismatch (80% chance [if source edits are involved]). Etc….