Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> It's the community that has driven me away here, not your code or your plans for the engine, but the site leadership (excluding yourself and Agora)

I am working with @[member="Link"], and trying to make sure the moderation is as good as possible. It's going to get worse before it is better, it just got adopted by a new owner. There's a lot of improvement the site needs first before moderation will be improved.

Ah, it's sad to see another person leave, but everyone has their reasons. No one seems to try understanding my situation and I can't say they could without being in my shoes, but I have problems beyond this site that are causing me stress, I can't cater to every member individually. I can't help a community who is not willing to help me.

Whatever your reason, I'm a little confused. You don't like the leadership (Me, let's not beat the bush) but I haven't done anything yet to drive this site in any direction besides trying to hire you devs. I've been constantly blamed for developers suddenly quitting, I've dealt with a lot of attitude from members for no real reason and I've just been patient as can be, I'm sure many people have witnessed this. I'm just done playing the nice guy, I'm focusing on the community as a whole and doing what I can to make the site better, people have lost sight of the fact that this is an indie game development community and have gotten too personally involved, they've let this color their feelings rather than focusing on their main objective, game development. You don't have to like the owner of Mc.Donalds, that doesn't mean you wont eat there. You just said you like Helladen's engine, that's the current objective of the site.

I'm not to blame for this, I'm not here to hold everyone's hand while I've tried to make this community new user friendly. I've accepted the fact that some people won't like me regardless, but hell, that's life dude. The only thing that drives me to make this community better and keep pushing is seeing members who enjoy this place, members who like what I'm doing and more. I'm 19, this site has caused me nothing but stress since buying it, I've had some good times though. You don't have to like me, I didn't buy the site to gain fame or be liked or prove myself to members, I already have plenty of friends from this website, don't make the mistake of thinking I need to make more.

Aerix has been doing a great job and like a real developer he constantly plans, communicates and sets goals for the engine. This was something you couldn't do, that is why you left. You made it clear in skype, it had nothing to do with my leadership abilities, in fact I've constantly asked you for advice. So do I feel bad? No. I'm slowly learning how to be the owner or "ceo" of this site, you've been a great part of my learning experience of what not to do.

Thanks Rob and others who have and will quit, there will always be someone who joins in your place. I can't force anyone to like the site, my goal is not to have you like the site. My goal is to offer a free to use 2D mmorpg engine, socializing and communication among the communication is a plus.

It actually wasn't "you", so do not assume or make accusations, it was actually an event between Richy and Officer Johnson that swayed me to leave.

I think you have suitable goals for the site, and I think Helladen has the skill to pull it off.

My fear for the future development team is exactly what you tried to pull with John and I. You need to be patient and realize people are volunteering their time to create this project for you.  If you want it to be profitable immediately, learn some damn programming yourself and stop relying on someone else to do the work for you. All told.

It wasn't my idea to make it profitable, lol. You guys started talking about that, I just wanted to site to pay itself, that's it…you presented those ideas to me, I made it clear time and time again I didn't want money for myself. All told. Also, you specifically excluded two of the staff, so it's pretty hard not to assume you mean everyone else.

Well it sucks seeing all these members who, I feel, have had a great impact on Eclipse leaving/quitting. I just don't understand whats happening. Back in the days of EE it seemed the site was much more… together, if that is the word I can use. Even though we all had a shitty engine to use and most of us were using RMXP graphics and we all mainly focused on scripting it seemed, to me at least, that we were all friendly, helpful, and happy members. It's strange to say but I kind of feel like it is our own egos that have brought this place down. Over the years we, or alot of us, have grown to be programmers and pixel artist and along with our skills have also grown very arrogant which has lead us to where we are now. I do often hear members complimenting the work of others but I also see, almost more often, members trying to simply take other members down a peg when it is highly unnecessary.

Maybe it is just me but I don't blame the leadership of the site. I blame the members. I just think that instead of bashing someone because we think our work is better then theirs, we should be trying to help them improve.

Sad to see many people go as well, didn't know I were on your bad side Rob, but there's nothing to do about that now.

I think people should spend less time trying to blame someone or something, it really makes time fly by faster, Kid haven't really had a lot of time to do anything, it seems that people thought changes were going to happen over a week.

> Well it sucks seeing all these members who, I feel, have had a great impact on Eclipse leaving/quitting. I just don't understand whats happening. Back in the days of EE it seemed the site was much more… together, if that is the word I can use. Even though we all had a shitty engine to use and most of us were using RMXP graphics and we all mainly focused on scripting it seemed, to me at least, that we were all friendly, helpful, and happy members. It's strange to say but I kind of feel like it is our own egos that have brought this place down. Over the years we, or alot of us, have grown to be programmers and pixel artist and along with our skills have also grown very arrogant which has lead us to where we are now. I do often hear members complimenting the work of others but I also see, almost more often, members trying to simply take other members down a peg when it is highly unnecessary.
>
>  
>
> Maybe it is just me but I don't blame the leadership of the site. I blame the members. I just think that instead of bashing someone because we think our work is better then theirs, we should be trying to help them improve.

I gotta fucking bump this.

The website is very old and needs another **Robin **like leader which is what I am trying to do. Every **Head Developer **is essentially stepping up a ladder and then moving on, we got many members who have left **Eclipse**, because they have grown out of MMOs or want to move onto a better language, but I honestly see no reason to since I am still learning how to make games better even with this poor language.

Hi, Sekaru here.

I got banned for calling out plagiarism. Or possible reporting myself. No one knows. I went straight from a verbal warning to a permanent ban and my Legend title was taken away. Nope, the "rules" that the staff put up so proudly were disregarded. I had to get told by someone else that I was gonna get banned since there was no other warning of it.

Yukiro didn't know about the ban. He was clueless about it. He tried to defend Agoraphobic who btw, don't let his happy emoticons fool you, is the most two-faced person I've ever met but when he realised Agora was in the wrong for banning me for what started off as a joke, he stopped replying. He put it to a vote and the people who were classed as my "friends" were not allowed to vote because they were "biased" but a former staff member, who knows who they are, and Agora was.

Ever see posts suddenly get deleted? Ever see topics randomly go missing? That's usually the staff, mostly Agora, repeating the same mistakes that made Amish's era fail. Of course, Agora, was a part of the old team that everyone claims to detest. Funny that he was the one who banned me for calling out the multitudes of plagiarism in EO4.0.

Don't worry they're not working on improving the site right now. They're not doing anything, they don't care. They care about creating their monetised engine whereby they have the power to choose who can and can't use the engines.

They've systematically driving/getting rid of the more vocal productive members of the community. Chief and I both tried to pitch in and help at the start but we were instantly dismissed as "trolls" for not saying "woah this is so cool!" and being happy and positive. I don't think anyone knew about Chief's ban and my ban was meant to be silenced but that didn't really go down well.

And I'll finish with the fact that Robs post was censored to not show the fact that everyone's moved on to Indie Rising. Gl Eclipse, idc how many people see this. Even if it's just the staff. At this point I feel like this site is a broken record. Every era ends the same way.

> pl0x don't copy us; ![](http://i.imgur.com/lwX1FUu.png)

I don't need to copy, I can do it much better. ;) You cannot even back up a database, not that hard to defeat your community. You are one of the typical programmers who acts all high and mighty, but fails to ever complete or do anything awesome. You are no threat to Eclipse.

> I don't need to copy, I can do it much better. ;) You cannot even back up a database, not that hard to defeat your community. You are one of the typical programmers who acts all high and mighty, but fails to ever complete or do anything awesome. You are no threat to Eclipse.

Who says you're gonna bring up Eclipse all by yourself? Your ego?

You're terrible at what you do, to be honest. You can ask anyone that knows what you've made. Just because you've got a title as Developer doesn't make you one. Also I don't know why you'd call me the one that says I act all high and mighty when that's what you do? You use Construct and script your games. You don't actually program anything other than a shitty VB6 engine. I don't go around bragging I can program games and make shit.

And how can I back up a database that's gone with a server? Magically restore a deleted server? Yeah, good one.

One last thing, who said I was a threat to Eclipse? You're the one that said you wanted to make Eclipse like Indie Rising. You're pathetic dude.

On topic - I'm out of here. @[member="Link"], well. Good luck dude.

If you were a real programmer, you would know that language doesn't matter. I could script in Unity and it still counts as programming. I will tell you what matters: results. Who else can get results around here? That's what I thought.

It's not about my ego, it is about people claiming that they can do a better job when they clearly cannot. When you go around going Construct boii, when you never even proved to anyone you know how to make video games. I actually have worked very hard for what I have done, what have you to show? I may not be perfect, but I sure do try to be as good I can with the tools I have available to make games.

> The website is very old and needs another **Robin **like leader which is what I am trying to do. Every **Head Developer **is essentially stepping up a ladder and then moving on, we got many members who have left **Eclipse**, because they have grown out of MMOs or want to move onto a better language, but I honestly see no reason to since I am still learning how to make games better even with this poor language.

Are you freaking serious?

You are _not,_ nor will you _ever be_ the next Robin. We're not gonna _have_ a next Robin. I have alot of positive things to say about him, but community management and leadership skills are not among them.

Can someone _please_ let Aeirex know that there is not NEARLY enough sugar to go around for his High Horse.

> Are you freaking serious?
>
>  
>
> You are _not,_ nor will you _ever be_ the next Robin. We're not gonna _have_ a next Robin. I have alot of positive things to say about him, but community management and leadership skills are not among them.
>
>  
>
> Can someone _please_ let Aeirex know that there is not NEARLY enough sugar to go around for his High Horse.

Aierix, there isn't nearly enough sugar to go around for your High Horse…

Yo everyone, I've been linked the this thread multiple times on skype and other sites, I'm going to make a clear bit of information to everyone, and no this isn't me coming back on the community.

It's not Yukiro's fault alone. I mean, sure he could listen to the advice of others better, but it's everyone. Eclipse is old, outdated, you all talk about "Saving eclipse" and "Making it back to how it was". Why are you all comparing it to what it was before? Whether it has a new engine or not, Eclipse is now about communication and casual conversations. In case no one has noticed, little to nothing good has come out of this community lately. I'm sorry to say but Eclipse is already dead.

Why try to bring it back to life? Why not try to make it something new and refreshing for all? If you guys don't like the way eclipse is heading, leave. It's not yours and it never was yours, give up. Stop bickering all the time.

Yukiro, Stand up dude. This is your site now. You own it, I don't give a shit who's told you that you "don't own a community" you own the god dammed site. If it were me, I'd tear this entire god damn engine down, mark it as a resource and call it an indie forums, because honestly, that's all it is. Even if eclipse wasn't written in VB6, there is NO WAY it can compete with other engines. The age of Eclipse Game Engine is dead.

What drove me away wasn't the people, or the owner, or the direction of the community. I left because there is no "direction" for eclipse to head into anymore.

• 2 weeks later...