Find results in...

I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lilith:

> lynx how do you handle a hedgehog? do you need gloves or something. The one i was thinking of buying's spins were way to sharp to hold. you couldnt really pick it up.

When a hedgehog is scared or pissed off, they go into a 'ball' mode, and stick their spines out so they are sharp and are pretty painful when holding, and also make a rather amusing hissing noise. When they are calm however and not crumpled into a ball, they are quite petable, and friendly.

Mine is a prick though, and is fairly hard to handle, so I use gloves. At the moment I use an old pair of winter gloves that are water protected, which probably is not ideal, but they work.

I've herd they can take up to a year or more to be able to hold without gloves, as they are very nervous animals, a fart in the wind would scare it (mine anyway lol). However, once you get over that 'initiation' a hedgehog can be quite the pet… I've herd of a friend who's hedgie follows him around like a dog, and begs for food. lol

I'd also recommend making sure you pickup any spines they tend to shed after handling, stepping on one of those things hurts like a sonofabitch.

Hello all! I didn't found any "introduce yourself" board so I ended up here. I'm in doubt if I should have this done in the 'talent centre'.
OK, im new to the forum, but i've been reading it for some time.

Having in mind im the new guy here, thougt was oportune to offer something to the community and tell why I am here.
First, I liked the people here, there arent lots of kids dominating every thread with flaming troll wars.
Second, I felt a lack of a kind of "artist" in here: the animator. Not that no one knows how to do it, but that aren't many who offers their services without asking for payment OR only gives attention to big/huge projects.
Third, but not less important, I felt this is the place I cant get some work to do. I do not have any portifolio or sample jobs yet. Hope that people
do accept me well.

Resuming: Help me, help you. (or wichever one you want first).

So, here is a sample of what I can do:

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1331083728

Also, is a tribute to the clockwork project, as you may see. I simply remade their logo.
I know you programmers/developers value that much the copyright thing, so i'll say it's free to use anything I post here, except if I be very specific regarding that question, wich I do not see happening soon.

So, if you want your logo to be remade, or just to see a remake of it, simply ask me! Via pm or in the talent centre thread i'll be posting soon (:

And the classic: sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native.

• 2 weeks later...
whoops! I forgot to introduce myslef! how rude (:

My name Is Adamse, I am 16, male and I live In melbourne, Australia. I hate water (swimming in it). I have a fear of lakes ever scince I swam in am lake when I was 12 only to find a week later that there had been a dead body of a young woman in it. *shudder* I keep thinking about myself swiming around her…. anyway. I dislike children. (dont judge me, Im usually a nice guy) but they give my the sh!ts. I love computer games.... like most of you here. I am currently in a VCE art course at school and I have grown to love pixel art more over the past year. one of my favourite classes is Visual communication and design and I have read Harry Potter books too many times, when I was around 13 I could quote whole chapters of by heart.

... It was very sad.

I also have a huge want to TRAVEL! - and always have. I can't afford to because of lack of money (my parents are art teachers...) and I like Anime (:

here are some pixel art books a made when I was sick today...
![](http://i.imgur.com/DDkql.png) ![](http://i.imgur.com/XNpYX.png) ![](http://i.imgur.com/Yr7m9.png)

the last one reminds me of dumbledore…. It always links back to wizards, dosn't it.