Find results in...

I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> The website is very old and needs another **Robin **like leader which is what I am trying to do. Every **Head Developer **is essentially stepping up a ladder and then moving on, we got many members who have left **Eclipse**, because they have grown out of MMOs or want to move onto a better language, but I honestly see no reason to since I am still learning how to make games better even with this poor language.

Yeah, we need somebody that fulfills their qualities and furthers development on a main engine while holding the community together. I for one did NOT like robin's personality at all, though. At one point i just fucking up and left because he was acting like he was doing the community gods favor and like we weren't paying him enough gratitude, making him lash out at the community from time to time with the same old "I do this and that for you, and you're not even grateful".

Robin was nothing but a negative impact, community-wise. But he did do a good job on EO.

> Robin was nothing but a negative impact, community-wise. But he did do a good job on EO.

Exactly, but his negative attitude was a result of channeling it the wrong way. When you are not rewarded for your contribution, you start to lash out at people for being a burden on you. I was like this, but more or less attacking rather than producing results that people appreciated. **Robin** is not a businessman like me. I attempt to make everything into a business. I say he is not a businessman, because he is more of a hobbyist person. I have a very high amount of respect for him though, and even though his attitude can piss a lot of people off, I believe he did it to make people less dependent on him and learn.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all. I'm kinda new in Eclipse. Although I've been registered for a long time I've never presented myself but I've always wanted to do it so here it is. Well, I created this account a long time ago but I was a kid that had no idea on programming or on doing anything so I just used to log in from time to time and see what was going on. To be honest I started to want to come back the moment I saw Eclipse IV was no more the main engine so I could start developing my own game with an open-source supported engine (Worlds). Actually, I'm still a kid (17) but I think now I'm more capable of doing more things by myself and talking better in English (since I'm from Spain my english isn't perfect at all but at least you can understand what I'm writing). I only know how to script with HTML, CSS and Javascript (I'm starting an HTML5 game using html5 canvas element), but I'm able of doing little edits to the game I'm creating with Eclipse Worlds. I'm from Barcelona, and I play basketball in a team there. I also like playing the guitar (acoustic and electric), and as you can notice in my profile picture, Naruto is one of the series I like the most.

Well I hope I'm good with the community and I'll try to help as much as I can (although I'm a noob in all envolving games development or Eclipse).

• 3 weeks later...
> I think I'm done. I have nothing to offer to this site, and vice-versa.
>
> Frankly, it's been a while coming; I'm checking this site on a much lesser and lesser basis, and I've pretty much just point-blank lost interest.
>
>  
>
> Have a nice life, Eclipse.

I'll see you around on skype, Carim.

This isn't really a 'back' post but i used the old freemmorpgmaker url on a whim. Everything is completely different haha I just went through all the boards trying to see if I recognized anyone it was nice to see some old faces. Hopefully I remember to check back here again soon. Hope everyone is doing great.

This is farewell from me, it's been great I've met a lot of good people here and had a great time I hope you all get to do everything you want and enjoy your life's, a lot has happened that will change mine forever which is why I'm leaving. So once again thanks for everything everyone especially to all my good staff Buddys, and I'll leave you with this Never give up on your hopes and dreams! ~officer signing off.

• 1 month later...
Sup guys!

I'm Kizzaa and i'm back from a solid 5 year absence! I decided to make a new account because my old account is full of cringy memories of how bad at everything I was back then, but don't get me wrong i'm still a cringy 16 year old… I hope to stick around on this account and have some projects planned :D 

I am a pretty all-round gamer from RTS games to fps and rpgs (until my friends got me onto LoL of course) currently trying to relearn Starcraft 2 whist attempting to do well at school...

I like to hack and program so I am back here for the fun of programming games (and the nostalgia)

@[member="Kizzaa"] Welcome back!

Now about me!

My name is Hackertatio I'm pretty new around here and I absolutely love this community, engine, and everything it has to offer. I'm sad to see so many veterans leaving but I still believe this community is awesome! I believe Eclipse is not only a engine but  a indie community and fact is Eclipse isn't going anywhere for a while. Now let me explain a little bit about me. My name is Shon I love to program, build things, I like to design roller coasters (using Theme Park Studio, RCT3, or I build working scale models.) I also like to engineer (wiring and that stuff) I am very interested in the Raspberry Pi. I know some HTML, CSS. I also know Python, Ruby and VB.NET very well I'm learning C++ and VB6 (my VB.NET experience helps). The only problem is that I don't really know networking and the likes so when it comes to adding things into a Eclipse Engines it take a bit more time. I am currently working on two of my own games

Games I'm working on

–------------------------------

1\. [The Five Heroes](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/index.php?/topic/136963-the-five-heroes-wip/): A 2D ORPG game made in Eclipse Final Frontier

2\. Monster Bomb (Name undecided) : A 3D level based third person hack and slash RPG made in Unreal Engine 4 using Unreal Visual Scripting (Blueprints) and using C++.

Well hello! I'm new here I guess you could say. Not new to the 2d mmorpg community though. I put a decent amount of time into Legends of Avalon, and a very large amount of time on Legacy of the Zodiac, lol… My name on LoZ was Seda, I dunno if any of you know me. Anyway, I really hope I can find a decent game to get into. I really miss being hopelessly addicted to a nice simple little 2d mmorpg.

> Well hello! I'm new here I guess you could say. Not new to the 2d mmorpg community though. I put a decent amount of time into Legends of Avalon, and a very large amount of time on Legacy of the Zodiac, lol… My name on LoZ was Seda, I dunno if any of you know me. Anyway, I really hope I can find a decent game to get into. I really miss being hopelessly addicted to a nice simple little 2d mmorpg.

Welcome to the community.

• 2 months later...
I'm back even though I've never been super active or anything, just a lurker.
Me and my friend decided to start working on a little 2D game together while also learning the coding side of things.
I'm sure it'll be fun. Hey!