Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tea Vs. Coffee

Synergy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> You have a point there… can I change my vote?!

No damnit.

This is a hard one. Coffee is great to wake up on a dialy basis and keep me going through school. But sipping a nice cup of tea is pretty awesome. So its hard to say.

But if i had to live without one forever. I would probably go with coffee.

This isn't really a fair comparison because tea is a pretty generic term. It can mean a wide variety of plant sources and preparation methodologies. Coffee is always the same plant, and basically the same preparation (roasted plant pods mixed with water).

Tea in general has a wide variety of uses in consumption and medicine. Coffee, while it is a very specific beverage (with very specific acquired taste), does it's job better than anything else. The modern world wouldn't exist without coffee, it literally fuels the workaday drones that most of us are. Although it doesn't have the versatility or widespread appeal of tea, coffee can not be substituted by anything that doesn't have side-effects or tons of sugar.

> This isn't really a fair comparison because tea is a pretty generic term. It can mean a wide variety of plant sources and preparation methodologies. Coffee is always the same plant, and basically the same preparation (roasted plant pods mixed with water).
>
> Tea in general has a wide variety of uses in consumption and medicine. Coffee, while it is a very specific beverage (with very specific acquired taste), does it's job better than anything else. The modern world wouldn't exist without coffee, it literally fuels the workaday drones that most of us are. Although it doesn't have the versatility or widespread appeal of tea, coffee can not be substituted by anything that doesn't have side-effects or tons of sugar.

It's an absolutely fair comparison. They're two hot drinks. There might be variations in the two, but people can still have a preference. That's the joy of humanity; doesn't matter how illogical a comparison is, we can still make it. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> I love tea more that coffee as it's not to harmful like coffee.

This is certainly true. Tea has many health benefits, whereas coffee just tends to cause problems (high blood pressure and so on), everything in moderation though.

• 4 weeks later...
> My fellow Eclipse users, I have a confession to make; When this poll started, I chose coffee. But now I have a clear mind, and I have decided to re-vote and select tea instead, because tea is amazing.

I love you… Even more.

> Kids on coffee is the last thing the world needs.

I mostly drink it cause it give me more energy(just like moster and Nos). and my parents don't care.

> Or the very first, if you happen to be in the child-labour business. ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

I go to school and have been going ever since I was born. -.-'