Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Simcity 2013/5/?

aaaron

• 2 weeks later...
Don't buy this game. All I have to say after investing 20+ hours in this piece of shit.

And if you did, stop pretending you are having fun. This game is regressive compared to any in the series in every single way except for graphics, it's intrusive, game breaking DRM that pretends to be a feature ruins the whole experience, size of the cities is absolutely laughable - I have seen housing estates bigger than the whole playable area per city, AI is simply broken - everything that the developers promised about "each sim living his own life" and in depth data layers is a nothing else but a blunt lie.

Apart from the ultimately idiotic idea of making a simcity game an MMO (this is how EA wants people to perceive it), SimCity 2013 have been designed without the slightest consideration of player's fun - managing your city becomes a chore, limited space cancels any idea of creativity, AI is broken to the point where the game becomes unplayable. It's shitty, boring and repetitive.

> I never liked the series, but you can always get a free game with your purchase.

Since you got me started on that - if you haven't realized this yourself - the free game deal was most likely planned before the release, again, giving out a copy of not really that valuable game (BF3 with no expansions with BF4 already announced for this year) to everyone they ducked over for 60 bucks was acceptable collateral damage, just as everything about the release.

As to clarify what I already said about developers lying about the game - they advertised their incredibly complicated, never seen before data layers… the best thing you can use those data layers is to watch how shit flow under your roads... and by shit I don't mean stuff, I mean shit. Excrement.

Electricity, water, shit... they all wander to the nearest possible location, they are not distributed equally or where they might be actually needed or where they should be, you build 6 sewage management thingies? Well too ducking bad, because all the sewage from your town will flow to the nearest one... it's full? Well too ducking bad again, guess we're gonna have to spill all that shit in the warm embrace of mother earth, disregard those other 5 buildings you are paying to uphold.

Now my favorite failure - citizens. Citizens are distributed exactly like other agents in the game. All this nonsense about each sim living his/her own life that you can follow... it's ducking nonsense that is not even remotely implemented into the game. Your citizens will according to their daily routine wake up early, go out from "their house", get into a bus and travel to "their job". The only problem is that they don't even recognize such things as their work or their job. They travel to the nearest free job space until all job spaces are filled up, and once their work is done for the day they will be redistributed to houses with the same rule applying - they will go to the nearest empty house space and stay there until the next day, when they again go to the first unoccupied working "slot". Student agents won't give a duck if yesterday they were going to the university... the university is already full so he will take the bus to a grade school.

Now what about buses? Good that we mentioned grade schools before, because apparently whoever wrote the AI for this game never finished it. What is the logical way to write a bus's AI? Make it travel on a schedule, from a buss stop to a buss stop. But not here. Here buses go the the stop that has most passengers waiting. This effects in 10 buses making errands between two stops for as long as it takes for a different two stops to pile up enough mob to surpass those two. If you forget to build a bus terminal - you might notice how fluent your traffic is, because there are no bus caterpillars blocking the ducking streets to stop it. Same applies to police and fire dept. those retards will send all their cars to the nearest grocery, ignoring a hazmat fire spreading across your whole industrial area.

I didn't read the mass wall; i just came to add ppl who play lol.

But I will say this: If you are complaining about the free bonus game, then you are retarded. What do you expect them to give you? BF4?

a PS4? They are giving away a free game along with your 60$ purchase. They most certainly won't give you 120$ worth of games for the price of 60$.

The free titles were not all great, it's true. But what else could they have given at the same price range? Probably nothing from the Origin store.

![](http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465)

Nah Green Dude. I'll go have fun being retarded somewhere else. You can stay here, bend over and attract that huge EA package charging your way.

They gave me a game from their back catalogue worth 30 bucks and shat on my screen from the inside - all that for 60 bucks. It's nice that you are happy with this deal, I'm sure it will encourage them to produce quality products in the future.