Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Shoutbox] Trivia Night

Mal

So I was thinking that a trivia night would be a good idea. Awards for correctly answered questions could be anywhere from 10 to 50 points (forum cash), so it's a good way for members to be active in the community and be rewarded for knowing a thing or two about pop culture or just things in general.

I've attached a poll. What night is best for you all? Regardless of the night I was thinking a good time frame would be between the hours of 7:00 and 8:00 PM EASTERN. Feedback and ideas are welcome.

> Why not 2 per day? One at 7 PM gmt-6 and one at 7 PM gmt+2

If we held events like that too often it would sink the economy due to the influx of new cash going into the system. We don't want that. Once a week is more than enough and it gives people something to look forward to in the event that they're bored.

> Sounds like a brilliant idea. If I've got the time correct, it'd be 11pm GMT. So basically any night is best for me, but Friday/Saturday/Sunday are better.
>
> Would each week have a theme for the questions, or would it be anything?

We could do a theme per week instead of a no holds barred event. Movies one week, books the next, music after that, so on and so forth.

> We could do a theme per week instead of a no holds barred event. Movies one week, books the next, music after that, so on and so forth.

Or both. Such as half an hour or a set number of questions on general trivia, and then another half on a certain theme? I guess it doesn't really matter too much actually…