Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - The Final Frontier

escfoe2

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skills that temporarily alter the attributes of a character!

For example, +5 Str for 2 minutes, or +100 HP for 5 minutes…

Another good thing to do is the ability to skill damage influenced by attributes! ![:lol:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png)

(Sorry about my bad english =/)

> Skills that temporarily alter the attributes of a character!
>
> For example, +5 Str for 2 minutes, or +100 HP for 5 minutes…
>
> Another good thing to do is the ability to skill damage influenced by attributes! ![:lol:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png)
>
> (Sorry about my bad english =/)

Oh I see. Okay, I like that. I'll be sure to include that in one of my future updates. Thank you.

> Good day! Tell me how to get the panel with the buttons, the character …?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Depends on what buttons you want. If you want the Admin Panel you can press the 'Insert' button to display that panel. If you want the GUI buttons that take place of the HotKeys for the Inventory and such, you will have to re-program the client using VB6 to make them visible again or you can wait until the next update and it will be included in the options pane and main GUI. If you want the editors you can do as ByTAC mentioned and use the letter 'E' to cycle through them.

> Oh I see. Okay, I like that. I'll be sure to include that in one of my future updates. Thank you.
>
> Depends on what buttons you want. If you want the Admin Panel you can press the 'Insert' button to display that panel. If you want the GUI buttons that take place of the HotKeys for the Inventory and such, you will have to re-program the client using VB6 to make them visible again or you can wait until the next update and it will be included in the options pane and main GUI. If you want the editors you can do as ByTAC mentioned and use the letter 'E' to cycle through them.

Ok, thanks for the reply, there was a view button in the GUI

> Can you add ~~like~~ a pet system that **has** statslike ~~they where~~ npc**'s,** but **with** levels**?** And**,** if you want**,** a night and day system **with** attributes of light**?** Sorry **for** my english**.**

(I was slightly bored so I tried to quickly fix your grammatical errors =D)

I will be adding a pet system soon.

I'm not gonna use anyone else's though

* because most of them are poorly coded.
* because I'd just rather do it myself.

About the day/night system, I'm not sure. It isn't one of the most important features considering the old Eclipse included it and continued to do away with it.

alot was droped when robin took over. alot of Good features. the old day/night was light tile using other tiles to create a light bubble effect. lol in dx8 u just need a color over lay of a dark color to simulate night,

treat pets like a player type NPC ,

oh :3 cookie

**Escfoe2,** can you suggest how to solve the problem with the chat when displaying characters in other languages​​, instead he paints is not easy to understand icons, fonts altered to your preferred language, the names of NPCs and enemies are displayed correctly, the problem persists only when writing to chat.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

you cant unless the font texture has those said characters on its texture. so in the default one look in the font folder at the png image for the font see if the character is there if not you will need to make a new font texture and add it to the engine.

> you cant unless the font texture has those said characters on its texture. so in the default one look in the font folder at the png image for the font see if the character is there if not you will need to make a new font texture and add it to the engine.

Fonts I replaced me with the necessary language, quests, items description is displayed correctly, except for the chat.

> Fonts I replaced me with the necessary language, quests, items description is displayed correctly, except for the chat.

Item descriptions and the chat both use font_default, which is texdefault.dat/png in data files\graphics\fonts. I don't understand how you could change one and not the other. Please make sure you have properly replaced texdefault with your font files.

Other things, such as player info and quests, use font_georgia, georgia.dat/png.

> Item descriptions and the chat both use font_default, which is texdefault.dat/png in data files\graphics\fonts. I don't understand how you could change one and not the other. Please make sure you have properly replaced texdefault with your font files.
>
> Other things, such as player info and quests, use font_georgia, georgia.dat/png.

Sorry for my bad english! I replaced both files, display problem occurs only in the chat.

you can make a new font texture and dat file there is a tut on here. also you can set the font when you do this

RenderText Font_Default, RyYHfF, X, Y, White

RenderText = the function to print text.

Font_Default = the acutal font but must exist

RyYHfF = text tobe printed

X = X location

Y = Y location

White = color of font

Bitmap Image Font Tut: [LINK](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/131631-how-to-make-a-bitmap-font/)

hope this is helpful.

> Sorry for my bad english! I replaced both files, display problem occurs only in the chat.

… if the font does not exist in the code where the custom font declares are then it will never work.

> I generated fonts program that you advise me everywhere all is well read, but when you write to the chat correctly displays only the characters in the English language.

I don't really understand what you are saying.