Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - The Final Frontier

escfoe2

really amazing, I really liked your version, I was expecting something.

I hope the next version with elderly.

one thing that I think would be good for all eclipse projects, is that the character movement, every step was divided into two more, but maybe that entail other complications.

anyway your version is the best = D.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> really amazing, I really liked your version, I was expecting something.
>
> I hope the next version with elderly.
>
> one thing that I think would be good for all eclipse projects, is that the character movement, every step was divided into two more, but maybe that entail other complications.
>
> anyway your version is the best = D.

Lol that's what I'm going for thanks. About your character steps, that's going to require substantially larger sprite files I would think. Not a bad idea though. It might be worth giving a try but we'll see. I appreciate the concept and I will think hard on it. Now you said you were expecting something? What would that something be?

expected a more stylized version, to bring the event system 3.0,

as the transparent menu.

quest system.

lvl system resources.

among others.

when I say, reduce the size of the step, I mean as seen in the SNES game "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past", the steps are small, this gives more mobility to the character and has more naturally.

I apologize for the wait ladies and gentlemen. The next release will be very soon. I'm working on my combo system now… Well, trying. Rarely finding time. I promise you however, a release with these issues resolved will be released by the weekend. If I'm lucky, I'll have the Combo system in by then too. Already have highlighting items implemented. All code is ready for the actual system and the client-side editor. Wish me luck, it's going quite smoothly so far.

> I found a bug,
>
> when you open twice quest editor, delete the data,
>
> I could not cancel the quest by default, which comes with the blacksmith.

I can't quite understand what you're saying but from what I gather, a quick fix might be to NOT open more than one of the same editor. In EM though, I'm fairly certain you can't do that anyway. Can you explain that any clearer please?

Side Note:

The Editor Run-Through feature will include the Shop Editor and the Combo Editor (If it's finished.) in the next update.

Lol i am surprised on positive comments on this engine, when it is basically just (old version of) EA modification, for what everyone was raging at me lol.

EDIT: But i am glad that someone is actually doing something with EA, becouse i abandoned it.

> Lol i am surprised on positive comments on this engine, when it is basically just (old version of) EA modification, for what everyone was raging at me lol.
>
> EDIT: But i am glad that someone is actually doing something with EA, becouse i abandoned it.

Going for the most useful features / bug free engine there is. So far, so good. EM was a great place to start. I'd like to thank the fantastic people who put all of the hard work in to it. You did a great job!! Now I'm making it even greater.

For anyone who is wondering, the Combination/Mega Recipe system is coming along nicely. The editor client-side will allow you to decide what items turn in to what and give you the ability to set any requirement you wish for the combo to be used including the Skill System I created.

EDIT: I also have a friend who has some good graphic skills so be excited for the new GUI layout of the Main Menu!! I'll upload a rough draft of it sometime this week if I get at least 1 like on this reply.

I like the fact that you have added a word document with detailed instructions for a person new to eclipse to follow. That level of profesional documentation is a step in the right direction for eclipse, even if most vets may not need to do more than a quick skim of the instructions to check for any command changes.

I must say though with no event system it still may be hard to convince people this isn't a step back.

> I like the fact that you have added a word document with detailed instructions for a person new to eclipse to follow. That level of profesional documentation is a step in the right direction for eclipse, even if most vets may not need to do more than a quick skim of the instructions to check for any command changes.
>
> I must say though with no event system it still may be hard to convince people this isn't a step back.

This base HAS the event system bud. To clear things, look at the link to EM I provided to see what they did and then everything here that I've done myself. I'm glad someone appreciates the guide. It was asked of me so I threw a quickie together. It's not the best, but it's a start.

> really like the killing event, im too lazy to rip it but would love a tutorial ![:o](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.png)

I put a lot of work in to that. If you want to use it, please credit me.

I'll think about the tutorial by the way. I'm also glad you like it.

NEXT UPDATE will be between the 12th and 14th of April, 2013!!

> u

Well thank you ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> Very nice. Very very nice. Hehe. Hehe. *walks off evily*

I don't think I understand the joke ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> O.o i dont see a joke, and new stuff sounds intrestin ;P

The *walks off evily* confused me a bit lol. Anyway….

**THE FINAL FRONTIER HAS BEEN UPDATED TODAY(4/12/13) @ 1:35pm**

Be sure to read over the Release Progress details so you know what to do when each release is uploaded.

If you already know what to do for this update and would like to use the client.exe single download, then you should also download the items folder I have made available for you and use it to replace the one's you have or to see how yours should be set up for the update.

Do so with haste because I'll only offer this download for a week.

EDIT: To clarify, the Combination System is a system that allows you to highlight items in your inventory. If you click on another item while you have one highlighted, the system will match the two items to a combination that you have previously made and allow you to trade out items, give experience, and more. Someone said to me that it's like Alchemy. Well they're not wrong. But that's not all. Imagine a fletching skill. You don't want your knife to disappear when you use it on wood. Well try out the new Combination System and see for yourself how powerful it really is. And get this… It's just a start!! There's much more that can be done. Are you excited?? Me too ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> cool I hope u can add like an Auction House when u go up to a guy and the auction opens

If you can explain, in better detail, what this feature does and how it works, I may add it to my ToDo list. Don't take this lightly. If it goes on that list, it gets done..