Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game of Thrones

Marsh

I'm honestly not really a fan of this show. I started watching it from the first episode of Season 2, so I missed a lot of the back story and I've never read the books. It tries to be as lucrative and complex as Spartacus, but in that regard it falls short. I'm not sure if it's the acting that makes me ill or just how random the show seems to be. I'm actually pretty partial to that new show "Vikings" on the history channel. Really good.

@bud.

You cant follow the show because you don't understand. The acting has nothing to do with it. You started half way in and expect to be aware without knowing the characters and watching all the relationships form.

Like jumping into the second LOTR without knowing anything of the first one.

Give it a go from episode 1, I'm sure you'll find more enjoyment in it.

I'll for sure be watching.. as soon as I finish Walking Deads finale.

> @bud.
>
> You cant follow the show because you don't understand. The acting has nothing to do with it. You started half way in and expect to be aware without knowing the characters and watching all the relationships form.
>
> Like jumping into the second LOTR without knowing anything of the first one.
>
> Give it a go from episode 1, I'm sure you'll find more enjoyment in it.
>
> I'll for sure be watching.. as soon as I finish Walking Deads finale.

I have no trouble following the plot. The acting has everything to do with it. If the first season is anything like the second then I highly doubt I'd enjoy it.

@ Msh. I watched the first two episodes because I've never watched it before. I may give the third episode a third and final try, but if I'm not overly pleased with it I'll cease to further invest 50 minutes of my time to watch it. I have no interest in ever visiting the first season based solely on what I've seen thus far. I've never read the books, but I'm sure they're far superior. I was a little pissed off when The Sword of Truth series (by Terry Goodkind) was adapted for TV; the show (Legend of the Seeker) was pretty terrible. It left so much out and left to be wanting. The only thing it had going for it was the eye-candy (Bridget Regan).

P.S: Cast members like the kid that plays Joffrey are just terrible. His mother (Lena Headey), however, I'm a fan of; especially her roles in 300 and Dredd.

So I just watched it… And I have mixed reviews about it. If it weren't based on the book, it would be awesome.

Pet hates:

>! - Tarly killed the zombie dude with Dragonglass and was then-on called "The Slayer" thereafter.
>! - There wasn't a group of Night's Watchmen out in the Snowstorm in the book. They were seperated, stragglers.
>! - Tarly gave up and was carried away by his buddy, Small Tom, or whatever his name was.
>! - The Onion Knight (dude on the rock) is supposed to be near-death with illness when they bring him in to Dragonstone.
>! - Tyrion has half his nose missing in the book… In the film, he has a scratch. ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)
>! - The Unsullied don't kill babies. They are given a puppy when they start training and have to kill it when they're older (Or at least, I don't think they killed babies).
>! There's a lot more, but those are the few I recall. Yes, I realise why they make the changes, but allow me my rage!

Targaryon girl with dragons can speak the language of the unsullied seller. Watch the scene again and now imagine how well she's keeping her cool.

my wife bitched about the nose issue as well..

think of what a pain in the ass it would be for make up to do that for him since he is in every episode..

atleast they made a joke about it not getting cut off.

Its a linear adaptation of a non linear book i think they are doing pretty danm well..