Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sometimes I Sprite

TheRexion

![](http://i.minus.com/iT66wL44eSrsy.png)

because I felt like it

Planning on getting back into that some time. Found this stuff in a folder of mine that I have kept for years now, any criticism is accepted. I, hopefully, plan on improving them and maybe even releasing a set of resources to the public for use. Maybe, I 'unno. Or maybe I will sell licenses allowing others to use them ( commercial or non-commercial). It all depends. But I digress.

![](http://i.minus.com/iCMI77tKWMoVc.jpg)

Not the best spriter by any means, but eh.

Love the characters at the bottom right.You are really good at spriting if you made them a long time ago, and they are that good.

Also i noticed the necks- a bit too thin, or it might just be my eyes. Other than that everything looks good.

Sometimes I dance… but nobody wants to look at that.

And seriously speaking. Those weapons are radicchio. Not only some of them are badly shaded (they four-way dildo for example)... they just look absurd. I understand that you are a fan of weapons from anime, manga and j-rpgs... but even those have some sort of proportions.

Sprites are ok, but then again, with the limited amount of things you can do with pixels on a limited area - unless you are pursuing an original style or are exceptionally good at pixelart - it all looks like someone else's work that looks alike someone else's re-shade of bob's recolor of RPGmaker 9000+ sprites. Don't consider this as me criticizing you, just some food for thought.

Again, you mention selling something, and I will again remind you that unless you find a complete retard (that I'm sure you could find, without even trying too hard), there are millions of people who can do this stuff way better than you around the internet, not to mention few in this community.

"Again"? I have only mentioned it this once, what nonsense are you going on about? Irregardless of who else could do whatever, it is not like I would sell them at a high price especially. I do not consider myself good to any stretch of the imagination, and these were also made 3-4 years ago. If I sold anything it would be a complete set of resources for more or less $1\. Confuse yourself not with the high and mighty.

The hell does radicchio have to do with anything? lol. Four-way dildo? You make it hard to take anything you say seriously because you make yourself come off as somewhat of a prick. I suggest doing something about that. :/

Thanks for the comments and criticism anyways, I will keep it in mind when I take up spriting again.

I quite like them. Some are, naturally, better than others but on the whole they're pretty good. The necks are too long and the heads too small, but other than that there isn't much I can see wrong with the sprites.

Some of the proportioning is off, but it's not as bad as Kusy is making out. He tends to be overly critical (dickish) so I shouldn't pay too much attention to him. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> I quite like them. Some are, naturally, better than others but on the whole they're pretty good. The necks are too long and the heads too small, but other than that there isn't much I can see wrong with the sprites.

Well, if I make the heads bigger they'll be really chibi. Honestly, I do not want that at all, hahah. And any smaller and I will be unable to fit enough detail. Crossroads, crossroads.

I really like those weapons, they are so nicely detailed. I really love the weapons that have a glow thing, I don't know what it's meant to be, around them. Has some really nice detail.

The sprite looks good, but I think you need to sort out the neck though. All you need to do is put a helmet on them…

![](http://archive.4chon.net/meta/84135/src_1329661011713.jpg)

It really does look like a four way dildo, but let's put that aside. You have many creative ideas, and I really like them, however you need to work on the proportions and color choice. For the walking animation on the sprite, he raises his hand far too high; it almost looks as if the sprite is marching. The anatomy of the character sprite needs some improvement as well, as the upper body looks somewhat awkward. I like the style you were going for, good job! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> It really does look like a **demon-wind shuriken**, but let's put that aside. You have many creative ideas, and I really like them, however you need to work on the proportions and color choice. For the walking animation on the sprite, he raises his hand far too high; it almost looks as if the sprite is marshing. The anatomy of the character sprite needs some improvement as well, as the upper body looks somewhat awkward. I like the style you were going for, good job!

I do agree with you on the arm being too high, I never had it that way honestly. But someone helped me a bit with the sprite and he did that–no idea why, but I can fix it. As far as proportion goes, that was not really my main goal. I rather did achieve the look I was going for with the big chest and smaller limbs--I am a heavy, big, and flashy armor oriented person xD--so I may not end up changing that too much, but I do see what you are saying. However, awkward? What do you mean? Might you elucidate?

I see these topics pop up a lot, each and every time I'd love to sit back and post a long list of suggestions and explinations on why such things should be done in order to increase the graphic quality of your work.(run-on?) Anyway, I'll say only a few things to not waste my time on something someone may not have any desire to read.

From your name, and as kusy said; you appear to be a fan of manga/anime which tend to use absurd styled weapons. From that I cannot relate so I will skip over the item and go to critiquing the sprite. For any form of art you must know the basics of art as a whole. Proportion is a key factor. Before you get into all the work of giving him hair and a killer shirt. You want to make sure proportions are all correct, whether it be thickening the neck, sizing down the head, shortening the torso and lengthening the arms. After having a solid silhouette of a character you should work on the depth. Unless this is suppose to look like a paper cutout of a character you should show the top of his feet, shoulders, and head. If you wanna go crazy, even give a lil depth to the hands, but we'll save that for another time.

From there you'll then start to consider your base skin tones, and the outfits you may dress.

Remember as well arms and legs bend.

Get back into it, hopefully one day you'll be on the level of guys like Fool, Snake, and indigo. Best of luck.

> I see these topics pop up a lot, each and every time I'd love to sit back and post a long list of suggestions and explinations on why such things should be done in order to increase the graphic quality of your work.(run-on?) Anyway, I'll say only a few things to not waste my time on something someone may not have any desire to read.
>
> From your name, and as kusy said; you appear to be a fan of manga/anime which tend to use absurd styled weapons. From that I cannot relate so I will skip over the item and go to critiquing the sprite. For any form of art you must know the basics of art as a whole. Proportion is a key factor. Before you get into all the work of giving him hair and a killer shirt. You want to make sure proportions are all correct, whether it be thickening the neck, sizing down the head, shortening the torso and lengthening the arms. After having a solid silhouette of a character you should work on the depth. Unless this is suppose to look like a paper cutout of a character you should show the top of his feet, shoulders, and head. If you wanna go crazy, even give a lil depth to the hands, but we'll save that for another time.
>
> From there you'll then start to consider your base skin tones, and the outfits you may dress.
>
> Remember as well arms and legs bend.
>
> Get back into it, hopefully one day you'll be on the level of guys like Fool, Snake, and indigo. Best of luck.

Ah, well then. Now that I really consider it… I suppose I could use a bit of work. Thanks for the comments and suggestions, I will keep them in mind when I go back and edit ( and hopefully fix ) all of my mistakes.