Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I get Windows 8?

abhi2011

Should I get Windows 8? I have used it before and I did like it some what. But then it crashed. I am not sure if I should get it again (due to fear of losing all my data) Does any of the Windows 8 users think it is worth it?

Also I am favourably inclined towards getting windows 8\. But I just not sure whether I should do it.

> Ok here's what you do. Buy some DVDs and back up all your shit onto them.
>
> Done? no? GO DO IT!
>
> Ok now upgrade to Win8!
>
> YOU'RE DONE!
>
> What? You don't like it?
>
> Reformat your PC, install win7 and restore backups.
>
> Happy now?
>
> No?
>
> Drop dead.

Unfortunately my CD reader sucks. USB's cost a lot here. So I can't back up. And other than the fact that my download speed is really slow I don't have much of a fear of losing all my files. (They are on a different drive) But I will have to download everything again.

> i just don't like all the switching between programs and between the tiled thing and desktop

That's what everyone says, but in reality, you don't use it as much as you think you would. I barely use it.

Only reason I use it is to search for a file.

> No.
>
> When trying to use the scroll bar on the right, a bloody overlayer creeps up over the screen when you hit the right side of the screen. Pain in the ass.

The start charm only pops up if you scroll directly on the bottom-right and top-right corners, and then proceed to scroll up.

You know you can also scroll by actually scrolling the mouse directly right?