Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Coming Soon] Drachen Eclipse

Yuko

![](http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/861/dratchenlogo.png)

I am starting my project really soon. It's called Drachen Eclipse.

Please do check the positions needed spoiler, we do need some help on the game.

(NOTE: The GUI is still Eclipse, we're working on it, and will post in screenshots the new GUI when it's done)

Story

>! Many years ago there sat a goddess who ruled the Dragon Realm named Diana. She created many dragons and gave them lairs. She loved her work, but she wanted to create a new experiment, it terribly failed. The creation was a human who possessed the powers of the Dragons. The man fled from the realm and claimed a city outside the Realm of Promethium. It was a dark place, danger in every corner, and dark clouds bringing the most dreadful storms you could ask for.
>! Years after the man ruled the city he had finally controlled his powers, he was a Demi God. He possessed many powers of the dragon. He hated them, but it was the only way his prophecy would end his way. He cursed Diana to the Realm of Darkness. The darkness realm was full of lurking guards. Diana sat there for generations waiting for someone to save her. She couldn’t interfere with the realms, so she was forced to stay there under a curse making her weaker day by day.
>! The Gods who sat in the highest heavens were angered at Diana’s creation. They claimed war against each other. The Gods separated and caused commotion in every realm preparing the battle of a lifetime, a battle between the Gods. They created their army and began fighting, while this was going on, Diana’s son went to battle the Dragon God, the very first dragon that was created. The dragon’s name was Genesis. Genesis saw the Demi God walk up and the battle between the brothers broke out, and it still goes on today. Genesis called his brethren to battle with the Gods, and disaster was everywhere.
>! Everything became a blur and Diana chose this time to escape. She called for the flames of the dragons and she exploded the Realm of Darkness. She stood by Genesis in what used to be the Realm of Darkness, and she unleashed a God-Like power that rumbled every corner of the universe.
>! The war has begun, and there was no stopping it until a winner is chosen…
>! Will you fight with the Dragons…or will you fight with the men under the eclipse?
>! Drachen Eclipse
>! Classes
>! >! Warrior
>! Mage
>! Cleric
>! Screenshots (Last Updated April 7, 2013)
>! >! "The Dream" - Where you spawn when joining
>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/3Kximza.png)'
>! "Graystone" - Main city, Capital city of the Dragon Realm
>! ![](http://i.imgur.com/N62BQQm.png)
>! The Team
>! >! Community Managers
>! Cici
>! Marshy Dearest Dearest (Hosts Our Website, so we give him credit ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) )
>! DeathTheKid
>! DrSean
>! Game Masters
>! Ahri
>! Head Game Master
>! Wing
>! Head Developer
>! None
>! Moderator
>! Aaron
>! Designers
>! None
>! What Do We Need?
>! Developers (Only a couple)
>! Designers (A few more)
>! Please send me a message the position you want, why you want it.
>! Dialogue
>!
>! All dialogue is written by our new story writer LoneHunt.
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]‘War knocked on the horizon, its cry mourning the deaths to come’[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]She stood alone on the castle ramparts overlooking the green hills, in tune with the persistent footsteps of an army.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“I can see you my dear,” said Diana.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“Ah, as always my Lady,” said a shadow forming on the wall.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]The shadow moved on to the floor. “I could feel him miles away… He is different,” continued the Shadow.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]She nodded, sighing. “And do not hide in my presence old friend,” said Diana.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]The shadow brightened, and its surface rippled and formed the parts of a man. First a head then, the hands and soon skin began to form. A few seconds later stood a man with silver hair and golden eyes. He wore a simple robe trim with gold. He walked beside Diana both staring into the distance.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“This was inevitable,” she whispered.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“Well, it was destined to be the moment he breathed life,” said the man.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“I will never get use to these insignificant creatures, so weak and frail,” he continued, turning to face Diana, smiling.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“They only seem insignificant in your eyes Genesis. Look closer and see the courage and bravery in their hearts,” Diana answered.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“Enough to wage war against a god?” he asked. “I just don’t see what could inspire such arrogance… such madness,”[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]Diana thought to answer but couldn’t. She couldn’t explain how she felt her power fading with the approach of the incoming army.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“He has my powers,” she said finally.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“Such power in the hands of a mortal could be devastating,” she continued. “It must end here.”[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]He merely nodded.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“Yes it must,” he said, then vanished.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]A horn blared tearing into the silence of the morning sky.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]“So it begins,” she whispered then walking to the edge of the ramparts, she jumped.[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]‘War knocked on the horizon, its cry mourning the deaths to come’[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]‘death a hope’[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]‘hope the emblem of salvation’[/background]
>! [background=rgb(239, 239, 239)][/background]
>! Keep reading for updates for when the game will be released ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)
>! Click Banner Below For Forums
>! [![](http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7981/bannerwp.gif)](http://dracheneclipse.com)
>! Thanks

> The story was actually kind of interesting, at least.

Sorry It wasn't fully interesting to you, but I'll take that as better than the old one.

Thanks ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

Thread Updates

–--------------------------

New Dialogue Section

We will be bringing a lot of dialogue with our game, and that dialogue will be written by our new Story Writer LoneHunt

Staff:

New story writer - LoneHunt

Dialogue Update;

* Made some edits to dialogue
* New scene written (_Fallen Goddess_)

**Chapter One (Eve of war)**

>! ‘War knocked on the horizon, its cry mourning the deaths to come’
>! She stood alone on the castle ramparts overlooking the green hills, in tune with the persistent footsteps of an army.
>! “I can see you my dear,” said Diana.
>! “Ah, as always my Lady,” said a shadow forming on the wall.
>! The shadow moved on to the floor. “I could feel him miles away… He is different,” continued the Shadow.
>! She nodded, sighing. “And do not hide in my presence old friend,” said Diana.
>! The shadow brightened, and its surface rippled and formed the parts of a man. First a head then, the hands and soon skin began to form. A few seconds later stood a man with silver hair and golden eyes. He wore a simple robe trim with gold. He walked beside Diana both staring into the distance.
>! “This was inevitable,” she whispered.
>! “Well, it was destined to be the moment he breathed life,” said the man.
>! “I will never get use to these insignificant creatures, so weak and frail,” he continued, turning to face Diana, smiling.
>! “They only seem insignificant in your eyes Genesis. Look closer and see the courage and bravery in their hearts,” Diana answered.
>! “Enough to wage war against a god?” he asked. “I just don’t see what could inspire such arrogance… such madness,”
>! Diana thought to answer but couldn’t. She couldn’t explain how she felt her power fading with the approach of the incoming army.
>! “He has my powers,” she said finally.
>! “Such power in the hands of a mortal could be devastating,” she continued. “It must end here.”
>! He merely nodded.
>! “Yes it must,” he said, then vanished.
>! “So it begins,” she whispered then walking to the edge of the ramparts, she jumped.
>! ‘War knocked on the horizon, its cry mourning the deaths to come,
>! ‘Death a hope’
>! ‘Hope the emblem of salvation’
>! **Chapter One** continued…. **(Fallen Goddess)**
>!
>! ‘To the vengeance’
>! ‘Relentless and savage’
>! ‘Blind and raw’
>! ‘Bleeds consequence’
>! ‘Eternal suffering’
>! Levi rode arms cross and eyes closed, in balance with his comrades. There was silence as the army Marshy Dearest Dearest Dearest Dearested, not even a cough. He felt their numbers and laughed. He had done well in the eighteen years of exile, forgotten, an outlaw. He had worked his way up as a street beggar, a servant, a soldier, commander, king. The easiest part had being becoming king, all you needed was an army and your enemies bowed offering their crowns for their life. He almost felt remorse for his deeds… almost.
>! He almost jumped at the sudden blare of a horn. Taking hold of the horse’s reigns he steadied himself, looking at what was the Graystone, home of the gods. His birth home.
>! “What are your orders Lord Levi?” asked a messenger. He was young and looked nervous as if his presence alone would cause his undoing.
>! “Get into battle formations, and prepare for engagement, “he replied.
>! “Err, My Lord, there is no one to engage,” He cleared his throat gesturing toward the monument that was the Graystone Castle.
>! Levi swung at him with annoyance. He watched with satisfaction as the boy rolled on the ground, then became unmoving, dead.
>! “Get to battle formations, now!” he shouted, visibly angry. He knew what that horn meant and he needed to be ready for it. Seems his mother saw him coming, well good for her.
>! ………………………………………………………………………
>! Diana fell, the wind tossing her hair into a dance of their own. She landed, a sickening thud, leaving a crater in its wake. She watched the army as they formed a spear head, a battle formation. They Marshy Dearest Dearest Dearest Dearested in unison, lead by a lone figure one a black stallion, in black armor his sword at hand.
>! She walked to meet them half way then stopped. They were no more a quarter mile apart. She could feel their doubts and excitement.
>! “Levi,” she shouted coldly.
>! “Mother,” he answered, unsaddling.
>! Diana watched him with unblinking eyes, at what her creation had become.
>! “Are you not surprised to see me mother?. After all this time I longed for reunion, a lost son returning home to his mother,” he continued.
>! “You have no home here, not anymore,” she retorted. He radiated malice and anger. She couldn’t wonder if this was because of her or his evil nature.
>! “Oh mother,” he said, smiling.
>! “How I dreamed of this day. You do know why I am here don’t you? “He continued, now facing his army.
>! “For years the gods have ruled over us. Yes, we had our kingdom but who really had the power? We bleed and suffer to please them and what do we get in return? Why can’t we be gods ourselves?” he cried, this time earning cheers from his comrades.
>! “The power of the gods are dangerous Levi, in the wrong hands can be devastating,” said Diana.
>! “They are not to be trifled with… you will die,” she continued.
>! Levi laughed then, “You have no power I do not possess. You are weak and I will end you, I think the title dragon god suits me, don’t you think?” he said, as he got back on his horse.
>! “Today the gods will fall, and I will be here to see to it,” he continued.
>! He left his sword facing Diana, “good bye mother,” he said.
>! They came in wave after wave. She watched them with perfect calm and stood still as they circled her. “Who is first,” she cried, and leaped.
>! Her victims only knew of a soft touch then darkness. She moved with the grace of the wind, dancing the cadence of death as one by one they fell. She fought relentlessly but as hundreds fell, twice took their place. Their number was endless. It wasn’t long before they had her surrounded.
>! “And so the dragon falls, defeated by mere mortals,’ cried Levi as he rode towards her sword raised ready for the killing blow.
>! Diana felt the blade coming eyes closed, embracing her eminent death. Levi swung with years of pent up anger and hatred. Horns blared and the sky turned a dark. There was a shriek and a loud clap of thunder followed by a blinding flash as Genesis, appeared. His scales a crimson red and that glistened in the sun. He moved with blinding speed moving Diana aside merely missing her death. With Diana in his claws he flew to the castle ramparts and laid her down.
>! “My Lady,” he whispered his voice deep and soft.
>! Diana inched her eyes open golden blood spewed from her left eye, the blood of the gods. She turned her head to look at him.
>! “Genesis, is it really you?” she asked, her voice shallow.
>! “Yes My Lady, can you stand?” he asked.
>! “Don’t hurt him Genesis, he is only a mere mortal,” she cried, unconsciously clawing at his scales.
>! Genesis took a step back, anger clouding his eyes “His betrayal to his kind even as a mortal is crime, he will pay,” he said turning to face the army.
>! “They will all pay,” he whispered. Then took to the skies heading for the battalion.
>! Lives ended in a flicker of an eye as Genesis clawed and breathed fire onto the army below. He moved with purpose and speed, heading towards Levi, seeking shelter behind his army.
>! “Levi!” he bellowed and charged.
>! He dove for his neck and Levi move just in time, rolling. They circled each other eyes locked, looking for any advantage over the other. The army stood guard, giving the two rivals a wide rift.
>! “How is mother,” said Levi, an amused smile brightening his face.
>! Genesis did not respond and lunged. Levi brought his blade in time and slashed down at his neck. He dove and slashed at Levi’s arm drawing blood. There was a hush silence as the army saw their leader bleed, a huge gash on his arm. They went at each other, soul bent on seeing the other fall. Genesis breathed on him, scarring his already weaken arm. At last Levi fell, his blade too far to reach. He watched with defiance as Genesis stood over him, prey and predator.
>! He looked at his army surrounding them and smiled. He raised his uninjured arm and clenched his fists. Bolts flew, followed by a mournful cry as they embedded themselves in to Genesis. Levi hoped to his feet and grabbed his sword and without hesitation stabbed hard into Genesis’s chest. Genesis stumbled backwards and fell.
>! Levi watched as his body dissolved and turned to dust. He looked toward the castle ramparts and ran for it. He found her unconscious, on the floor a pool of blood drowning her hair. He bent down and touched her forehead, gently brushing her hair off her face. He stood and raised his blade. This time there were no interruptions. She murmured then silence; a single tear escaped her eye.
>! Levi walked to the edge of the ramparts, “Victory is ours,” he proclaimed, rewarded with cheers and laughter.
>! Diana drifted in darkness, limp and weak. She opened her eyes, and cried. She cried for what she had done, what had started all of this. She cried for what was to become…
>! ‘Vengeance,
>! Relentless and savage,
>! ‘Blind and raw’
>! ‘Destiny a cruel fate’
>! **_Until the Rise of the Goddess_**

> The "Story" needs some editing. "_[T]erribly failed_" should be "_failed terribly_".
>
> Rest of it looks cool. I think the tilesets are ones from Celianna(sp?).

Celianna? Never heard of it. I found a few VX sets, but unfortunately, they make very little sense by themselves and they also have a few "transition" tiles missing (e.g. cannot make a section of fence longer than 2 tiles).

> Celianna? Never heard of it. I found a few VX sets, but unfortunately, they make very little sense by themselves and they also have a few "transition" tiles missing (e.g. cannot make a section of fence longer than 2 tiles).

Just google "Celianna tilesets" or WTTE. I'm not 100% sure those are the same, but they look about right off the top of my head.

> Just google "Celianna tilesets" or WTTE. I'm not 100% sure those are the same, but they look about right off the top of my head.

I don't believe they are, but I will admit they aren't "ours" but the person we got the engine from allowed us to use them.

> I don't believe they are, but I will admit they aren't "ours" but the person we got the engine from allowed us to use them.

They are actually hers, I would double check before doing anything more. Shes a super nazi with copy write and licensing

> They are actually hers, I would double check before doing anything more. Shes a super nazi with copy write and licensing

Well, you need to bring that up with the people who gave us the client. We have a pixel artist.

> The source we are using are using Celiannnas tiles.

> Just google "Celianna tilesets" or WTTE. I'm not 100% sure those are the same, but they look about right off the top of my head.

Yup, got it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any complete Celianna tile sets (her post was missing TileB) and the rest were parallax. Instead, E hooked me up.