Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

^^adding tilesheet simple tut!^^

Hayabusa123

Here's a tut on how to add tilesheets into your mapping! Are You Ready?
**The Myths**
if someone tells you that you need to replace a tilesheet with the one you want, dont beleive them because you'll get an error message, i think RTE 53, File not found or somthin like that so dont replace an entire image.

**Requirements**
A tilesheet you wish to add to eclipse
A graphic editor(i'll refer to paint during this tut but you should be able to do it in another graphic editor)
Eclipse

**Starting up**
If your tilesheet doesnt have a black background than right click on it and click edit. Now get your filler tool and start filling the background black! If its another color than that color will appear while mapping, because Eclipse has black as a trancparent color. Once you are done save it and exit the graphics editor.

**The Next Step**
Go to your Client folder and click GFX, than edit a tilesheet(mainly a short one so that all of your tile appear in mapeditor, i edit #5-10) Then go to paste from(again, im using paint so yours might have a different term) and paste your edited tilesheet from the last step, you're proud of it right? Move the tilesheet below the end of the tiles on the tilesheet you are editing right now. Now you're basically done. WEEEEEEEE! Was that hard? Not really.

**The Hidden Step of Starting Up**
When you are recoloring the background, you might wanna move around some tiles because you might wanna put a tree and when you click one part of the tree, part of another tile comes on it. so now you have a tree and half a bridge XD.

**Are We Done Yet?**
Possibly, or you if you wanna see a bunch of non sense about my day, if not than, yea, we're done.
Sorry for no pics, didnt have the time.