Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Runtime error '5'. Invalid procedure call or argument. FIX!

JoshKlaz

I kept constantly getting this error whenever the server was loaded and I was trying to get onto my character. As soon as I selected my character and selected "Login", my client would go all white, come up with the below error, and crash:

> Runtime error '5'. Invalid procedure call or argument.

And I finally got annoyed enough that I sat down and mucked around until I devised a fix. Not a fix you want to keep using until you stop using EE, but it'll get you on the client nonetheless.

NOTE: First of all, I used this on EE1.0, don't know if it works the same on other versions, although it should. And second, as far as I know, this only works if your running your server version of the client (meaning the client that has the 127.0.0.1 IP). Also, this error seems to go away in it's own good time, so you shouldn't have to keep using this method to get into your game.

First of all, run the server and client as usual, but leave the client on the main menu. Now go to config. Your port should be set to 4001 (unless you changed it). What I do here is change it to 4000, but it should work with any other port number you enter. So change it, then save the setting and login to your account. It should come up with an error saying something like "Not connected to server" and send you back to the main menu and show an "Attempting to connect to server" message. Wait until the "Not connected to server" error comes up a second time, then go back to config and change your port back to 4001\. Login as usual and it should work!

Don't know the success rate, it's 100% for me, but might be different for others.